Suggestion to MOMs/admins about the nature of this site

This is probably a sensitive subject, so I'm going to try and not ruffle any feathers.

First of all, I absolutely love this site, I feel it's an extremely precious source of information for MOM customers and also a great place for MOM's to get in touch with their customers, as well as new potential customers. One of the thing I very quickly realized dealing with MOM's is that pretty much all of the reviews on their own sites are filtered to only leave positive comments, making the reviews on those sites pretty much pointless from a customer point of view, they only serve the MOM's themselves.

The community here bridges this gap and allows customers to express their satisfaction or lack thereof, as well as expose good/bad service that goes with any potential fuck ups that are bound to happen for any business. I think this is a HUGE win for customers.

I've been on the site for a couple months now and I'm relatively new to MOM's. One thing I noticed is that slowly but surely, more MOM's join the site and I feel a lot of them are treating it as an advertisement platform first and foremost. Without naming anyone, there are several MOM's who come on here daily, sometimes 3-4 times a day to bump their ads up, providing us as consumers absolutely nothing new (one of them deletes it's last reply to it's ad thread and reposts it just to stay on top of the page). You have a new deal on some random product, fine, but "reminding" us of it every 6 hours is not helping anyone on here but the seller (and even then, I'd argue over-spamming might do exactly the opposite).

In a similar vein, I noticed a lot of users are now advertising their favorite MOM's in their signature. I'll admit that doesn't sit well for me and what I think the goal/purpose of this site is. Where is the limit? Will we have admins advertising MOM's in their sig? We have a MOM right now posting it's ad 4 times a day, every day... What is the limit? 6 times? 8? What about if a MOM makes a robot to post an add every 5 minutes? Will that be too much?

What I'm trying to say is that I'd very much like MOM's and users to consider the purpose of the site, which is for consumers to share their experience on MOM's. I'd really like this site not to turn into an ad/spam filled site.... and I'm slowly seeing it happening. Maybe the admins are fine with it, if so, I'll just bite the bullet, but I'm seeing a trend right now that's concerning to me, as a consumer.

What do the other users think? What do the admins think? What do the MOM's think?