Re: Logging in

Hikesociety wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:15 am I keep getting logged off and having to sign in again. Is it just me or is anybody else having this problem?
Heard of others having this issue. Every now and then I do get disconnected but it's like once every few weeks, but others told me they had this issue where they get logged off every 5 min. No idea on a resolution.

Do you have cookies enabled? Could be as simple as that.

Would like to add to this frustration with a little of my own information I may have stumbled into.

I noticed I keep getting logged out when somebody directly quotes me. I was browsing the forum not even 5 minutes ago after having to login *again* and noticed a comment of mine was quoted. Did my business, closed the tab (did not log out) and went about my business. Re-opened the tab again and guess what? Logged out again. Log back in and I notice another notification from somebody quoting me.

I'm fingering there's something in the backend that's kicking people out of their online session when they get quoted. I've noticed this a few times now; seems to be the only consistency I can find.

Ok, you didn't quote me this time, but you posted after my post.. hm.. The plot thickens. I was just logged out again. Doesn't seem to make a difference if you select the "keep me logged in" box or not either.

Minor inconveniences for sure but such a problem will keep me up at night until it's resolved :P

it would happen to me if i didn't check "remember me", its usually the cookie settings in the forum software (i used to run vbulletin forums). I know with VB we used to set the cookies really high so it would look like we had a very active forum (although it wasnt lol - but it would show people still online after days of not actually being online) and to the opposite spectrum we could also set the cookies to the very min and it would basically log everyone out if they didnt click remember me after about 5 mins.
hopefully this is helpful.

Keyll wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:46 pm I write my reviews in a word processor for that very reason.
Another option is to select all (Ctrl + A) and copy it (Ctrl + C) always before clicking submit, that way if it does log you out, once you log in only have to paste it (Ctrl + V).

Complicacy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:21 am
Keyll wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:46 pm I write my reviews in a word processor for that very reason.
Another option is to select all (Ctrl + A) and copy it (Ctrl + C) always before clicking submit, that way if it does log you out, once you log in only have to paste it (Ctrl + V).
I saved the review template to notepad, then I just fill er all in and copy paste its entirety, add the brackets and necessary font changes and done..(save changes to notepad document nope..)

Mine has been doing it lately and it does actually seem to have something to do with being quoted or at least an update to the thread. Like if you're reading a thread and then try reply but someone else added a new reply before you're done it logs you out after hitting submit. Happened to me a few times but I can't remember if it was always that I was quoted or just a new replay has been added.

Thanks for all the feedback regarding the login issue.

I have amazing news to share - I believe that I have FINALLY fixed this issue. I've been testing the changes all morning and I believe that it's resolved.

Please keep me posted, if you still have issues let me know!!!