A place to request a strain, assistance in finding a strain, or the perfect version of your favorite strain!
MoM's may not start topics here, but can comment.

Re: WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE: True pungent skunk

good share.. I moved to Whistler, BC for a month for this weed in like '94, never a skater but thats where
I was..Hostel living helped..'87 guess was first time hitting the skunk and been chasing ever since.

Closest so far in mom weed is Ghost drops Holy grail they have right now.. cured extra month in glass gives me
a faint BC skunk old time weed smell/taste.

TRACKER420 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:36 pm good share.. I moved to Whistler, BC for a month for this weed in like '94, never a skater but thats where
I was..Hostel living helped..'87 guess was first time hitting the skunk and been chasing ever since.

Closest so far in mom weed is Ghost drops Holy grail they have right now.. cured extra month in glass gives me
a faint BC skunk old time weed smell/taste.
Holy Grail is such a complex strain, I love it. Not sure how old that strain is but it def feels old school as fuck.

@HighFive those two videos were absolutely awesome, not all heroes wear capes, this guy totally gets it. I love how he exactly captures what I've been trying to say and that so many newer/younger smokers simply cannot even conceive in terms of level of pungentness.

I'm also pretty surprised that he makes a parallel with sticky/greasy/oily strains, I never really thought of that. I always thought those characteristics were more strain specific than anything, but he has a different angle on it, namely that the lack of sticky stuff today vs then is a side effect of the breeding out of the dankness from back then.

Man... I almost wanna quit my job and go help him, this is important stuff.

xsinx wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:51 pm
RaNdMViLnCE wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:13 am Hey xsinx, did you ever find that super skunky bud you were searching for man?
Nope. Kooteney Craft had Skunk #1 for about half a day and it definitely scratched the itch but it wasn't potent and was a muted vesion of roadkill. They haven't restocked and its been a while now...
Hey buddy, when you first told me this like maybe 2-3 months ago. I set out to make sure I bring some in for you. Best I have found are up north, with BC roadkill, and some super skunk phenos. Im trying i promise!

I know its somewhere, and I know its gonna be grown by some of my older guys. Im gonna stay in contact with ya cuz I really want some skunk too now lol.

-boat

Watched both and I'm glad to have come across this information. As a skunk Hunter for a decade plus I must say this is the best information I have came across. The particular variant of skunk I'm looking for is slightly coffee and lemony with a HUGe Skunk piss tone added to it... Nice to know it was the esthers and alcohols in the particular plant/s and the genetics that somehow don't carry over well in the breeding process. Volatile esthers.

Hey all. Possible good news here. I've found some seeds for a strain called Skunk XXX. It was bred by TH Seeds to revive that old school skunk stank. There is very little info out there about it and is discontinued on the breeder's website, however, it is available from BC Bud Depot. So I bought 10 regular seeds because I want that old school stank and dank too.

The bad news is that I'm 2 weeks into a new grow that has a 3 month flowering period. So it will be a few months before I can grow them. I will post back in this thread when I do start the grow though. I hope it's the real deal!

Edit: Almost orgot the link! https://www.bcbuddepot.com/marijuana-se ... /skunk-xxx

Totally playing the long game on that one. I can't grow myself, but I encourage anyone able to to try and grow skunk. It's really a missing piece of weed history on the scene today, can't believe we let it die. That said don't get your hopes up too high, I've seen so many people claim to have skunk flower or seeds end up with not that at all.

The description I posted earlier still stands but I now cued into a very specific skunk smell. It smells like fresh funky young cannabis plants. Like raw stank plant. I heard a buddy tell me the Jamaicans that grow it, pinch the bud plant matter carefully early in the flowering process. Apparently they then do it several other times during budding process.. so labour intensive, hands on horticulture techniques may also be in the equation... some clues to follow here for sure I don't think he was lying. Older jamaican guy told me.

OK I don't know if it's legit and it is in seed form and in California but they claim it's the real deal and they ship internationally..

I'm not around very often but if this seed bank ends up being bogus maybe the mods can just delete this entry..

So here's the info please if anyone tries or has got seeds from this company let me know..

Description

Original Skunk No.1
Regular Seeds
(Afghan x Colombian) x Acapulco Gold
8 to 10 Weeks Flowering Time
THESE SKUNK #1 SEEDS HAVE ONLY BEEN REPRODUCED TWICE SINCE 1988!

In 1988 Mel Frank begot Skunk No.1 seeds from Skunkman Sam, put them into the the refrigerator until 1996 when he reproduced them 8 years later. Then Mel Frank properly stored them for another 24 years until 2020, when they were grown and selected by Todd for the more acrid terpene phenotypes.

This is the legendary Skunk #1, developed by Skunkman Sam in the 1970's and is a relatively stabilized, true breeding hybrid.

Originally offered by Sacred Seeds and Cultivators Choice, it is a combination of:

(Afghan x Colombian Gold) x Acapulco Gold

Sacred Seeds/Cultivators Choice

Hand Selected with Love

"What you seed is what you get!"

https://agseedco.com/products/original-skunk-no-1

And some crosses

https://agseedco.com/collections/todd-m ... ginal-haze

https://agseedco.com/collections/todd-m ... n-lights-3

Found a link for "Roadkill Skunk" seeds from Oldtimer1 genetics
The Blue Skies Vienna Oldtimer1 Skunk Selection Pack contains old-school genetics from the past work of Oldtimer1 who contributed genetics to skunk before it was even called skunk.

Each pack will be different as it contains 12 seeds randomly selected from the offspring of 5 skunk mothers of different expressions, pollinated by one classic skunk male.

Profiles commonly found include skunk spray, rotten skunk carcass, decaying flesh burnt rubber, ammonia, cat piss, feces, vomit, eucalyptus and more.

Your choice for old-school skunk your grandpa told you about.
https://seedfantasy.com/product-categor ... es-vienna/

Again use at own risk as I have had no dealings with them YET