**NEW POSTING GUIDLINES STARTING OCT 1ST. **

*Posts in this section are user generated only, MoM's can comment on posts made but may not start post themselves.
*Posts MUST contain at least 1 photo of the product being reviewed.
*Posts MUST be thorough enough to offer others some context of the products. 1-2 line reviews may be removed at the admins discretion.

West Coast Weeds Review - October 2019

**MoM/RetailerName**

West Coast Weeds

**Shipping/Packaging**

Packaged in a bubble mailer and shipped from BC to Toronto in a quick 3 days. Everything was vacuum sealed with not a scent of weed and nothing was squished.

**Strains**

Hindu Kush
-
-
Seems like a good Hindu Kush is hard to come by, or any Hindu Kush for that matter. This was a great example of the strain and it's probably my favourite of all of the ones I tried. One beefy and dense nug weighing close to 4 grams, sporting a tight trim with an abundance of sticky trichome heads. Lovely colors too with the purples and rustic orange hairs forming a nice contrast.

I love this type of terpene profile. It's quite complex and takes a few sniffs to get a full idea of it's nature, with notes of sweet earth and creamy hash. Very pleasant and delicate, almost like a type of chocolate coco. Tastes very much the same when smoked, offering a super smooth smoke and producing a very light ash bordering on white but can also differ depending on the papers I was using.

The high is very potent with strong indica leaning effects that creep up and get stronger with time. Calming and relaxing with a gentle worry-free head buzz. Good body lock too as it can leave you feeling pretty floaty. There's a reason this strain is used in so many amazing crosses and this was a real enjoyable evening smoke.

NYC Diesel
-
-
As a fan of diesel strains I haven't really ever come across NYC Diesel till now. The buds are sticky and medium in size displaying some healthy and lively colors. Tons of long orange hairs accompanied by a nice coating of trichomes as well. A little leaf here and there but for being part of the budget options I'd consider it a good grab.

The aroma coming off these buds are quite sweet and citrusy with notes of diesel fuel. Virtually the same on the exhale with a diesel dominance followed by a very subtle tinge of what tastes like lime. Very smooth and clean, burning a lighter ash.

The effects hit hard and quick, producing a buzzing head high to go along with uplifting and euphoric effects. Quite the mood lifting strain that's good for social environments and being active throughout the day.

Blue Cheese
-
-
Decent bag appeal for a cheese strain which sometimes can be scrappy looking. Small to medium sized nugs that are sticky and moderately caked. Neatly trimmed too with not much leaf and plenty of long and winding orange hairs.

Every time I've had blue cheese it stunk like a pungent blue cheese or feta. Not the case with this one as it had more of a gentle, sweet and woodsy profile with a creamy berry-ness to it. The cheese only becomes noticeable when broken up but even then it's subtle. The taste is slightly muted on the exhale with a very very faint blueberry undertone. Really seems to be the only knock on this one, and not even a big one given it's budget price tag. Other than that there's some decent value here.

The high goes straight to the head and is also quite euphoric with a strong, relaxing body buzz. Real good for watching movies and gaming as you're couch locked but mentally focused.

Diamond OG
-
-
This is a strain I always forget about, and only really had it once. Not too sure if it's a cross, or pheno of OG kush, but it definitely shares it's characteristics. Medium sized wholesome nugs that are trimmed rather neatly with the majority of it's leaf being at the base. The colors really pop as the green and purple hues are complimented nicely by the dark orange hairs. Fairly frosty as well and sticky when breaking it apart.

The nose is a little underwhelming at first with subtle hints of woodsy pine and earth. Greatly improves once ground up with notes of light citrus/lemon and sweet pine that translate well over to the taste. Not the most dankest of flavours but it's a very smooth smoke that burns a grayish ash.

The strong suit for me is the high. It's a combination of heady and euphoric effects, producing a wave of relaxation and calmness after a short while. Also a body buzz that creeps in eventually, and like most OG's can be smoked throughout the day without being heavily sedating.

Gorilla Bomb
-
-
Love anything crossed with gorilla glue so I was really excited for this one, with it's other parent being THC Bomb. The bag appeal is on point as the buds have a lovely structure, sporting a nice trim with plenty of peach hued hairs. Looks on the fluffy and airy side but instead is quite dense as this nug weighed about 4 grams. Also covered in a blanket of trichomes and sticky within.

The terp profile of this strain is very pungently sweet and piney, with that peculiar glue smell, which it gets from it's parent and can be very overwhelming. Translates nicely to the taste with a gorilla glue exhale followed by a sharp, sweet diesel finish. Fairly easy on the lungs but can be a throat tickler. Clean burning nonetheless, producing a light gray ash.

The high is sativa dominant but still holds a strong body buzz that can be quite lazy and immobilizing, probably due to the high thc. A bit heady as well but mostly calming and relaxing. Definitely on the stronger potency end of the spectrum as I didn't need much to feel the effects.

Grapefruit
-
-
I've only had grapefruit once and it was a long time ago so I barely remember it. This is part of their 98 oz sale and the buds are all popcorn size, as advertised, sporting a slight amount of leaf, with plenty of orange hairs and frosty trichs. Came quite sticky too and formed a cluster within the baggie.

The profile is of the subtle tropical variety, having notes of sweet citrus/grapefruit with hints of spice and earth. Fairly sweet when smoked but also subtle on the exhale, with a more muted, fermented fruit and herbal/peppery aftertaste. Burns exceptionally smooth and clean, producing an almost white ash in a bong and joint.

The high is where this grapefruit stands out for me. Real uplifting, giving an almost hazy head buzz to go along with it's energetic effects. Long lasting too as I was still feeling the buzz a couple hours later. This would be an ideal morning smoke that isn't sedating in the least and is fairly priced for a budget option.

God's Green Crack
-
-
Can't go wrong with some GGC for a balanced and potent hybrid and it always seems to deliver. This beautifully trimmed bud weighed almost 4 grams and displayed some really nice green and purple hues. Dense and tight structure with a sticky and gooey texture within. Tons of trichomes as well.

The aromas of this strain seem to be quite iconic and exclusive to this strain only, as I can't recall anything that smells similar. Notes of sweet earth and herbs with a floral and woody finish. Translates well to taste with a full flavoured and thick smoke. Can be a little strong if taking a huge rip but burned ok with a light grey ash.

Probably as close as a balanced hybrid gets in terms of effects. You have the relaxing and calming body stone from the god bud, and the uplifting and stimulating heady high from the green crack. Hits quick and hard and good for mornings and afternoons especially.

Citrique
-
-
Never had this strain before, though there is something very familiar about it. Another unknown lineage that is rumoured to come from OG kush and an unknown hybrid. These buds came partially sticky and dense, displaying a healthy amount of orange hairs and trichs. A little leaf but nothing substantial.

The smell of this citrique is very sweet and peppery with a lime soda tang to it. Reminds me of lemon thai a bit as well. Just a tad less pronounced on the exhale but still tasty, with a citrus and sour lime finish and hints of herbs. Fairly smooth and clean burning leaving a light gray ash behind in the pipe.

The high feels heavier than your average sativa hybrid being a 60/40, bringing on an uplifting and cerebral buzz followed by a long and relaxing couch lock. Kind of took me by surprise as well as it had me yawning early in the afternoon.

**Incentive**

These samples were given for honest and unbiased reviews.

**Final Notes**

West Coast Weeds are a new MoM that just launched a site on October 10th and fittingly at 4:20 pm lol. I tried a bunch of the strains they have on deck and was honestly impressed with some of the price points and the quality offered. Everything I received was of a fresh variety and not an old batch of flower that was sitting around. A very good experience overall, including the friendly rep I spoke with through their Instagram.
Last edited by Thechronickid00 on Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: West Coast Weeds Review - October 2019

West Coast Weeds wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:36 pm Thank you so much, we appreciate all you’ve done!
Just received my order(3 days coast to coast, very fast, one day faster of my regular order)...packaging and weeds look great..boveda in each pack, free weeds, good reward system ($20 in points for next order)...very impressed. I'm not a reviewer guy but maybe i'll do one later after smoking some of your good looking weeds.

Re: West Coast Weeds Review - October 2019

Morug wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:34 pm
West Coast Weeds wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:36 pm Thank you so much, we appreciate all you’ve done!
Just received my order(3 days coast to coast, very fast, one day faster of my regular order)...packaging and weeds look great..boveda in each pack, free weeds, good reward system ($20 in points for next order)...very impressed. I'm not a reviewer guy but maybe i'll do one later after smoking some of your good looking weeds.
Thank you so much for the positive feedback, hope to see you soon!