**NEW POSTING GUIDLINES STARTING OCT 1ST. **

*Posts in this section are user generated only, MoM's can comment on posts made but may not start post themselves.
*Posts MUST contain at least 1 photo of the product being reviewed.
*Posts MUST be thorough enough to offer others some context of the products. 1-2 line reviews may be removed at the admins discretion.

Kootenay Craft - Mid September - 4 strains ***MOD REVIEW***

Warning: I'm a moderator on the forum --- Some people have issues with moderators/admins reviewing stuff. Read at your own risk, or whatever.

MOM Name Kootenay Craft

Overall rating out of 10: 9/10

Ordering & Pricing: Smooth as usual, they had a 15% code for existing members at the time of the order so I took advantage of that. Their 20% off on 4x+ quarters is always nice. Also had a 25$ off on top of it all because of a bad quarter of Cactus Breath in my last order.

Communication: Fine, asked for recommendations and they replied rapidly with good suggestions.

Packaging: Bubbler, vacuum bag and then a clear plastic for each strain with a 4g Boveda in each. No complaints, I love those containers.

Products / Photos:

Sour Secret Strawberry Banana: Longest strain name evar! I asked for recommendations for tasty and terpy strains, this was one of them. The nose right out of the jar is relatively tame, I expected something louder. That said the smell is very nice. It's hard to describe, but I definitely could not detect strawberry or banana aromas. The buds are large and really nice, pretty standard structure. Taste-wise, this was very different from the nose.. The main component of the aroma is sourness, but there's a nice sweetness that balances it almost perfectly. Again, I could not detect banana or strawberry, but there is definitely a sweetness that probably comes from that strain. The smoke from this is very thick and smooth, I absolutely love that kind of smoke. Buzz is smooth and balanced. Very nice strain overall, I'll be ordering some more of this, awesome 9/10.

Slurricane: Ahhh the infamous Slurricane, heard so much good about this and last time they stocked it, it sold out in a few hours. I had never tried that strain and it's been on my list for a long time. The nugs I got were pretty small, borderline popcorn but they weren't dry, so I'm happy nonetheless. There was a noticeable amount of shake in the jar, but nothing dramatic. The nose on this is relatively tame and it has a very unique smell. I can't quite name what it is, I read people calling it fruity, but it's not exactly that, it's a bit citrucy, but with a sweetness to it. The nose reminds me of a faint version of Watermelon, it's definitely in the same zone. The smoke however took me by surprise, it tastes much stronger than it taste (good strong, not harsh at all, but very tasty). The taste is hard to describe, there's a certain sourness to it (citrucy) but also a sweetness that's not quite fruity, more like candy. There's a slight soapy taste to it, not sure how to describe it but it reminds me a bit of a clothes dryer exhaust vapor. Sounds weird I know, but it's not a bad thing, it really tastes amazing, it's a real treat. Buzz was very mellow, not a strong strain, but real pleasant and balanced. Another 9/10!

Green Grease Monkey: Another recommended strain by the guys at KC. This one has the strongest nose of the strains in this order, it has a very nice smell. The buds look nice, medium large. The parent strains of this are listed as Gorilla Glue and Cookies+Cream, both strains I'm familiar with, but I can't say I found much in common with either. There is that GG spiciness coming through, but the signature GG taste is nowhere to be found. It has the creaminess of Cookies and Cream, but not the sweetness. On top of all of this, there's a clear sourness that's overwhelming both of those previously described taste. It's a pretty smooth smoke, but I'm not a huge fan of the terp profile, that sourness kind of dominates the taste and it doesn't have much to compensate... The spicy aftertaste isn't something I enjoy in weed much, so overall, not a fan of the taste. It's definitely out of the ordinary though, I never had sour strains before and this one really hits a home run in that department. Giving it a 8/10 despite me not liking the taste, I would no re-order this one however. Special mention to the amount of trichomes on this one, it's insane, check that microscope pic!
Watermelon Didn't smoke this one yet but it looks pretty identical to the previous batch I had. Such an amazing smell! I got bigger buds than last time and it looks a little more humid as well, I'm sure it will be a delight like the last time. This is terpy as hell and tastes like sour candy watermelon slices with a little spicy kick in the aftertaste. This strain really is unique! The bud structure last time was very fox taily, but this time it's much less like that and more regular in structure. I'll update once I smoke it if there's anything special to report :P

Incentive for Customers: 15% fall madness promo for existing members

Incentive for Review: None

Notes: Nothing to add

Re: Kootenay Craft - Mid September - 4 strains ***MOD REVIEW***

"some people have problem whatever" sounds dumbing down, uncaring, perhaps.

just to add, I think it should be stated so people can make room to understand very plausible scenario that the sellers knew of your power and have made special considerations on your orders- an anchor point in your relationship which you obviously cherish for obvious reasons.

but our eyes trick us into taking risks, without considerations. so we should try and be honest about our human. thank you.

Re: Kootenay Craft - Mid September - 4 strains ***MOD REVIEW***

dooly wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:00 pm "some people have problem whatever" sounds dumbing down, uncaring, perhaps.

just to add, I think it should be stated so people can make room to understand very plausible scenario that the sellers knew of your power and have made special considerations on your orders- an anchor point in your relationship which you obviously cherish for obvious reasons.

but our eyes trick us into taking risks, without considerations. so we should try and be honest about our human. thank you.
There's a long story behind that comment I did not want to write a book about, but basically, I'd rather make it clear that I'm a mod and that this review is independent, whatever people may think. If the fact I'm a mod somehow discredits me as a reviewer, then by all means, don't read it.

I have very high principles about honesty and the reason I do reviews is to help members. My loyalty is to all you guys buying weed from MOMs, I have zero loyalty to any MOM. When I find a product I like though, I will obviously recommend it when asked.

As far as KC goes this was my 3rd order, you can check my other reviews you'll see they are good but far from stellar, I've had hickups with them and always exposed them.