**NEW POSTING GUIDLINES STARTING OCT 1ST. **

*Posts in this section are user generated only, MoM's can comment on posts made but may not start post themselves.
*Posts MUST contain at least 1 photo of the product being reviewed.
*Posts MUST be thorough enough to offer others some context of the products. 1-2 line reviews may be removed at the admins discretion.

speedgreens: acapulco gold! [or; holy crap, man, what have i gotten myself into?]

hi everyone,

gonna try a little review here.

speedgreens mail order service: 10/10, which is just my way of saying ‘two thumbs up’; i ordered twice, happy twice with everything, looking forward to more. new at moms so my ratings are based on enthusiasm for access to mail order in a post-1718 canada.
https://www.speedgreens.ca?ref=1154

acapulco gold: 10/10, or let’s say: high. so high i’m kinda messed up. the buds are amazing, big and chunky, and i was excited by the immediate smell and sight of it. smoked it right away. it’s good. strong and almost psychedelic. disorienting at first. one toot on the bong and wham. a little context: i use weed to focus, for partial ptsd and a whole ton of adhd. but not for physical pain, unless creaky bones counts, which it kinda does. but anyway. overall i seem to like indica emphasized sativas with a ‘happy’ up feeling. i guess i like everything, especially if it helps me meditate. i also like a strong sativa to get hyper-focused and hyper-active, so for brain stuff this acapulco gold seems pretty damn good. it’s certainly heavy on the head, but with no pain, more a tight fuzzy spacehelmet around my cranium; it really has that aggro feeling in the chest, makes me want to jump into the sky and fly, or burst like a ray of sun. yup, this really is stuff like that. a heavy classic stone, or is it just ‘cause i want it to be a heavy classic stone? i will say this: i always wanted to say i tried this one, this acapulco gold, ever since i first learned about it in high school in usa in 1970s, mainly reading freak bros. now i’ve tried it! wow, it’s strong. big tough buds, big scent, piney i think, no more diesely, that fuel smell. not too fruity. wicked. the high is a bit breathtaking. ‘fried’ comes to mind. looking forward to sharing with friends and freaking them out with how strong it is. lots of head tingles. a lot will get done in next few weeks! it always does, but this will help, thank you weed!
https://www.speedgreens.ca/product/acap ... /?ref=1154

Sign Up: easy, i think i sent a jpg of medicare card and filled stuff out, result was immediate membership with sign-up discount of 10% with a free 3.5gr bag. [this is recollected from my first order, when they sent me a lemon og kush that was rated 2 and was great; still have some and cherish it for late at night.]

Ordering and Pricing: i like it, simple to order, and the pricing is convenient; hundred bucks or so gets a 14g of most of the high grade types i’ve wanted to try, shipping included because the free shipping discount sits nicely at $99. tempting for brains that like round numbers, though maybe not so easy on pocketbook if used too often...because it’s so convenient to think in those 100-dollar terms!

Communication: haven’t had to do much, none that i recall. though i notice they have a presence on this forum. i expect they’d be easy to communicate with and would reply quickly.

Packaging: love it! speedgreens weed comes in a plastic tube with a humidifying packet to help the weed stay fresher [except the freebie i got on my first order, which came like every other mom i’ve tried, in a regular plastic envelope]. so far every weed i’ve gotten from speedgreens is good to great [citrique should be in this house all the time!]; very happy overall that way, and the packaging helps it stay fresh all the way to the last bud.

Incentives: 10% off first order, free 3.5 bag with first order, the $99-shipped sweet spot

Incentive for review: the fun of it, possible freebies down the line as stated on the speedgreens site; being fairly certain of ordering some more citrique down the line, i figured this review might help pad the next order. see? this acapulco gold stuff is helping me think better already!

Notes: i recently started toking again after a 30-year hiatus and i’m excited about the variety of weed available today. my first toke was, according to family legend, when i was two years old, back in 1965, so i’ve been smoking a while. but in many ways i’m just catching up, and it sure is fun. that said, please forgive my relative ignorance of the nature of weed strains, the composition and effects of orange hairs v. purple trichomes and things like that. i’m learning but it’s still somewhat vague. i do love the folklore surrounding strains, however, as well as the history in general. and the varied effects, of course. love those effects!

thanks
tom
Last edited by thinkbach on Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Attachments
IMG_1008.jpg

Re: speedgreens: acapulco gold! [or; holy crap, man, what have i gotten myself into?]

Welcome back to the greenland after 30 years! Speed Greens has sent me a couple of freebies with pretty much everything I've ordered from them, they do seem generous that way. :) From my perspective the site isn't exaggerating, they do reward their good clients. I hope to try the Acapaulo Gold and also reorder the Citrique!

Your review is cute, I love how happy it is. :)

If you want more freebies you should do a Green Ace order too, their current coupon is for a free 3.5. Oh and GanjaWest has a 3.5 first order freebie too!

Re: speedgreens: acapulco gold! [or; holy crap, man, what have i gotten myself into?]

this weed is going to shine at board game night tomorrow. it's giggly and it's a tank. i feel like i should be parachuting. great focus at the busy-all-day; art, housecleaning, cooking. i hope my review measures up. thanks for tips on other great startup discounts. i plan on giving green ace a try someday, their stuff looks great. too much great weed in the world!

Vdubb wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:59 am The only time I’ve tried a true quad Acapulco gold was from my old dispensary. It’s a real treat. Sounds like you really enjoy this strain as well.

Question to speedgreens. Does most of your flower come from the same grower? Or do you use several different growers? Just curious.
Hey there Vdubb,

We source our cannabis from multiple producers as everyone has their specialties. For example, one of our growers where we source some of our AA strains, would not be able to (or chooses not to) tackle a Ghost Train Haze and vice versa.

is this a quad? website said so, my problem is comparisons elude me. it sure seems like a quad, and i chase those things, but i've only been actively smoking about 6 years now, starting up again in late 40s, and only local, so my samplings were quebec-based. since 1718 mail order has added a new dimension, and the weed is distinctively more potent sometimes. this acapulco gold is knocking me good! next day, after a big full day of use, the first toke is like an old friend, hitting me hard, but keeping me standing. there's strong focus, but not much sleepiness. super focus. it's like i focus on something and it becomes a challenge to get out of it. i have trouble stopping my activities, especially writing, hence the chattiness even here. it's one of the strongest weeds i've smoked for sure, low psychedelic, low mellow, but wow it's fun and great for work. but yeah, very strong. i can see it incapacitating me if i overdid it, but i wouldn't sleep, just lie there zoned and wishing i'd maybe smoked a wee bit less...but it hasn't happened yet! if you don't favour a strong sativa, maybe avoid; it's real.

thinkbach wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:06 pm is this a quad? website said so, my problem is comparisons elude me. it sure seems like a quad, and i chase those things, but i've only been actively smoking about 6 years now, starting up again in late 40s, and only local, so my samplings were quebec-based. since 1718 mail order has added a new dimension, and the weed is distinctively more potent sometimes. this acapulco gold is knocking me good! next day, after a big full day of use, the first toke is like an old friend, hitting me hard, but keeping me standing. there's strong focus, but not much sleepiness. super focus. it's like i focus on something and it becomes a challenge to get out of it. i have trouble stopping my activities, especially writing, hence the chattiness even here. it's one of the strongest weeds i've smoked for sure, low psychedelic, low mellow, but wow it's fun and great for work. but yeah, very strong. i can see it incapacitating me if i overdid it, but i wouldn't sleep, just lie there zoned and wishing i'd maybe smoked a wee bit less...but it hasn't happened yet! if you don't favour a strong sativa, maybe avoid; it's real.
Man you're getting me very excited for this strain! Got a Q of it coming along with some other quads. I'm always on the look out for energizing sativa's that get me moving and active. Can't wait till this stuff arrives