**NEW POSTING GUIDLINES STARTING OCT 1ST. **

*Posts in this section are user generated only, MoM's can comment on posts made but may not start post themselves.
*Posts MUST contain at least 1 photo of the product being reviewed.
*Posts MUST be thorough enough to offer others some context of the products. 1-2 line reviews may be removed at the admins discretion.

[Coastal Wild Fire] Apple Pie Sativa Review | 4.75 / 5

[Costal Wild Fire] Apple Pie Sativa Review | 4.7/5

I set my expectations pretty high for this as CWF (coastal wild fire) is considered one of the more top-shelf boutique vendors that are the type to sell most of their stuff in jars / containers and have heard nothing but good things from them.

To start off the smell really differentiates it from the lower grade stuff: fruity, rotten apple, coupled with an alcoholic-cider apple smell. Not super sweet smelling but a very wine/brandy smell with a hint of apples .. that alcoholic smell similar to the other high-end strains we've looked at.

The buds are impeccably trimmed with no fan leaves. More importantly the red hairs are nice and long even close to the still-green stem. The buds were quite shiny with an overall light color which further looked lighter simply because they were so crusty. These nugs in general were very large with about a 40/60 red hairs to buds but any bud that was visible has a nice shiny allure to it.

Grinding it up maintains that light green color (even more so) with some red hairs lying around (but no purples or any darker hints of color). The buds still maintained that shine from the crystals with an overall white dust all over it, signifying how strong it is. The bud was sticky (both to itself and my gloves) but grinding it did something more important ... we got more of the smell we wanted. NOT tropical but apple, rotten, oaky, with more of that sweet smell coming through. Different than the other fruity smells that we got from other strains this one maintained that kind of alcoholic scent.

In the vape it was an ok experience .. at low temps flowery perfume taste but at higher temperature (195) we got a bitter, oaky, dark, musky (WHISKEY) flavor which matched what we got when we ground it up. Not as sweet as I expected like apple pie but rather the CRUST of the apple pie (a bit of apple taste but more baked goods/bitter/cookie flavor). Would have been crazy to have it taste sweet AND apple but this would have been my 2nd choice. Even after it sat in the vape for a bit more we got a bit of cinnamon, doughy, apple flavor, mild, but there.

Smoking it from the pipe left a light grey to white ash. The smoking itself was very smooth, very enjoyable, with almost no harshness. Thick smoke easy on the lungs and throat.

The effects kicked in right away (very sativa-ish) with heart-racing, anxious, mind racing, etc so I found it best to keep occupied (perhaps social, cleaning, working) but sitting there doing nothing was just stressful. It's pretty much a very strong Sativa flavor with all the characteristics you would look for if you wanted that sativa flavor.

Overall something I would recommend (Although at 150$ / 14g it is not in everyone's price point) but this is the only time I've come across apple pie and is something I would bust out when I have guests over or for special occasions. With the strong effects, decent taste, great looks and great smoking experience I would rate it a solid 4.75/5