**NEW POSTING GUIDLINES STARTING OCT 1ST. **

*Posts in this section are user generated only, MoM's can comment on posts made but may not start post themselves.
*Posts MUST contain at least 1 photo of the product being reviewed.
*Posts MUST be thorough enough to offer others some context of the products. 1-2 line reviews may be removed at the admins discretion.

The Gentle Herb Review - July 2019

**MoM/Retailer Name**

The Gentle Herb

**Shipping/Packaging**

Shipped and received from BC to Toronto in a quick 2 days in a protective cardboard box mailer. All contents were protected inside and vacuum sealed hiding any smells. The shatter was packaged in standard parchment paper and came fine despite the heat.

**Blue Island Skunk**
A strain I haven't tried before so I was excited to smoke this one. A very tight and dense bud structure with an excellent trim and a blanket of trichomes. Forest green in colour with dark orange hairs throughout and sticky within. The aroma is a familiar one that I've had before with several strains. Duke Nukem and Blue God for example. Musky and sweet earthy notes with a citrus finish that gets even stronger when ground up. When smoked, the flavour is mostly earthy and lemon, but there is a lingering skunky taste as well. Can be a little strong when inhaling a big amount due to the really thick and expansive smoke it produces. Even though it's an indica dominant strain it still made for a good daytime smoke as it didn't leave me tired or lazy. Instead, it offered a very mellow and relaxed high but still mentally stimulating and alert.

**Purple Space Cookies**
I'm always looking for different varieties of Purple Space Cookies and this one definitely surprised me in a positive way. The bag appeal is on point even with some extra leaf in spots. A mix of dark  greens and purples blanketed by a frosting of trichomes and orange hairs. Another one that was sticky to the touch and broke up great in the grinder. One of those easy rolling consistencies. The aroma is where this PSC differed than others I've had. It was still on the grape end of things but much more earthy and musky, similar to a Black Diamond. Very similar taste as well that was full of flavour with it's thick and creamy smoke. Can be a bit of a choker but not because it's harsh but because of it's strong hit. I would describe the high as a very "spacey" and stoney one that leans on the sativa side with it's heady effects. It also tends to bring out the talkative side in people. Believe me, my Dad is already a chatter box and this stuff makes him relentless and unforgiving to ones ears, lol. Great daytime stuff though.

**Purple Skunk**
Another skunk type strain I have never tried and regretfully so. This is the type of sativa I need in my life on a daily basis. First off, the buds are mesmerizing with an array of colours that include dark purples and greens. A decent amount of orange hairs as well all covered in a resinous coating of trichomes. Makes for quite the sticky bud when handling it. A bit of leaf near the base of the bud but nothing crazy. One of my favourite profiles that include a deep and musky sweet grape aroma. It borderlines the smell of a red wine, like Black Diamond or strains of a similar ilk. The taste is basically identical with the addition of a skunky tinge that lingers around long after an exhale. Very smooth and pleasant smoke and it went perfect with a backwoods leaf. The super euphoric and uplifting effects of this purple skunk are so unique and different than most sativas. It's very potent and almost demands being active so probably not the best for generally anxious folks or novice smokers. Seems like a good old-school, laugh your self to death with friends type smoke. That's where it really stood out for me.

**Purple Berry**
Very gorgeous and vibrant colours on this Purple Berry that just pop. Mainly because of contrast of the bright orange hairs against the dark forest green buds. Also some purple hues when inspected closer. Decent trim as well with a sticky texture. A cross of the very popular Grandaddy Purple and Blueberry so you just know you are in for a sweet smelling treat. It was indeed, smelling of sweet backyard grapes. Not the common artificial grape smell but actual backyard grapes, the purple ones. Also a subtle spicy/peppery and earthy smell that comes out when the bud is cracked open making for quite the aromatic combination. I vaped this one to get a full appreciation of the terps and it was not disappointing. Quite similar to how it smells actually but a little more earthy. Very sweet and fruity with the grape and herbal undertones making themselves apparent. Not the typical knockout indica high that puts you to sleep instantly but rather a slow burn. Starts off with a calming and relaxing sensation while still keeping the mind quite awake.

**Gelato 33**
Always a good strain to have on hand especially for late afternoons and evenings. A dessert strain by every definition of the word. The colours on this bud are very complex with a combination of different hues. Dark and light greens with shades of purple and rusty orange hairs. A substantial amount of trichomes as well with a sticky texture when handled. The aroma oozing from this gelato is amazing to say the least. A rich and creamy lemon sweetness, combined with dark earthy notes, giving it an overall minty smell. It all translates perfectly to taste offering a thick and flavourful smoke that is smooth in a joint or a bong. One of the few strains I would deem as a true hybrid personally. It's effects feel split down the middle. Sociable and uplifting but extremely relaxing and chill. Might leave you a little burnt out afterwards.

**Gentle Death**
This is their in house version of the classic Death Bubba. Light green buds with a structure that leans on the fluffier side and is moderately sticky. Not much of a definitive nose until broken up where the classic Death Bubba notes start subtly emerge. A light gassy aroma with sweet and earthy undertones. When smoked in a bong the flavour was there but not an overwhelming one. Can be a little harsher as well as it had me coughing more than the other strains. It was a quite potent and effective indica, making me rather tired and lazy after smoking half a gram. Just sunk into the couch, thought free and ready to pass out.

**Motor Oil**
Motor Oil is the name given to this concentrate and it's made in house using grand daddy purple as the strain. This is what the description reads:  "Motor Oil is like a mix between shatter,oil, and wax/budder. It is easy to work with out of our glass jars and packs a powerful hit at 76.82% THC!"
I do agree as it's very easy to handle and work with. Almost looks like a sugar wax in appeance with a golden/maple colour. Not an overwhelmingly strong taste but an enoyable one with hints of diesel and earth. The high was very much indica leaning and found it to be a bit of a creeper that built as time went on.

**Pink Kush House Shatter**
This is their in house pink kush shatter that is more of a pull and snap vs glass/shatter consistency. Easy to work with and has a maple syrup colour to it when held in the light. Not the terpiest but moderately decent flavour of kushy gas with a potent indica leaning kick. Had me nice and relaxed with a slight body buzz and couch lock after 2 or 3 dabs.

Incentive : These samples were offered for honest and unbiased reviews. Please take them with a grain of salt as sometimes, but not always, they may be the more photogenic buds of the batch. These are my personal and honest opinions on these strains.

**Final Notes**

A great first experience and overall impression from the strains I tried and also very impressed with the motor oil for it's price. Seem to have a good variety of in house products which is nice. Friendly and polite customer service as well that were responsive and helpful.