**NEW POSTING GUIDLINES STARTING OCT 1ST. **

*Posts in this section are user generated only, MoM's can comment on posts made but may not start post themselves.
*Posts MUST contain at least 1 photo of the product being reviewed.
*Posts MUST be thorough enough to offer others some context of the products. 1-2 line reviews may be removed at the admins discretion.

6ixpensary Update (budrot) - took down previous positive review

Okay so first off, I will start by stating that I am a grower, I have dived head first into growing and I have a great indoor setup and I also grow outdoor when the season permits, that being said, it allows me to have more mason jars filled with weed than I can use and because I buy so many seeds of different strains from different breeders, I have quite a nice selection and I don't dip into the same jar every day, I usually rotate between sativas/indicas and this is why it took me 5 weeks to notice that I was sent weed that had budrot.

I will be at work so I will reply once I get back home.

Pictures will be down below of the product.

Having dozens and dozens of orders from various "trusted" moms with zero issue of mold/budrot I developed a habit (a lack of one technically) where I stopped inspecting my weed, I simply just smoked the stuff and wrote a review to help out the MOM if I enjoyed the quality and if I didn't I still reivewed it but very seldom do I have anything bad to say about any MOM I have ordered from and this is my first incident with a MOM that sent me weed that had budrot.

At first, I opened the bag up and poured it into my mason jar, now the room I keep all my weed in has natural light coming in, but not much because I keep a tent in there that is growing 4 plants at all times and although my tent has zero light leaks due to investing in a high quality tent, I still like to keep the room not as lit as it could be if I kept the blinds open, that being said, after moving the weed into the mason jar I would put it in a wardrobe closet which has shelves to store my mason jars.

Since late June, I would occasionally take some weed out and smoke it if it was within the rotation, this was not my "main" stash and I just had it more for guests or edibles and I decided not to use it for edibles because I was in need of a strong sativa for the edibles I wanted to make so the bud got saved and I decided to keep it for smoking purposes either for friends as I mentioned or when it was its turn during the rotation (I have Pineapple Express, Blackberry, AKxCritical Mass, Cheese, Durban Poison, Gorilla Glue, Blue Dream and some other strains so the variety is there and I very seldom open the jar and or looked at the weed)

Fastforward to yesterday (Aug 1), I saw a post on Reddit about a patient who ordered from Broken Coast and received weed with visible mold and budrot, at the time I never experienced budrot as a grower or mold and I have never seen it in person because no MOM ever sent me bud that wasn't grown, dried and cured properly. Anyways, I had my mason jar of the Platinum Cookies from 6ixpensary in front of me and I looked down and saw the bottom of one of the nugs and it was almost IDENTICAL to the picture of the Broken Coast bud on Reddit.

At first, before I made a fuss about it, I decided to inspect my weed so I took it out of the jar, took it into a well-lit area of my home and looked at all the nugs in natural sunlight and then under a light on my desk, I realized that the fuzzy orange stuff that I assumed was just because the weed was so fresh wasn't good, it was indeed budrot, every nug I opened had this dark orange/brown fuzzy stuff and the bottom of every nug looked the same, when the weed arrived, I thought to myself "wow, this stuff is still moist and sticky!" turns out, it was because the person who grew this rushed the process of drying and didn't keep the plants in optimal conditions with proper airflow and most likely let the humidity levels leave the optimal levels. I understand as a grower that this can happen, especially on dense nugs because the bigger they are the less airflow gets inside but there are ways to avoid budrot and this grower not only grew a plant in sub optimal conditions, he grew the plant in bad conditions and either knowingly gave the O.K for this stuff to be packaged and sold to paying customers or he just is inexperienced at growing/didn't care.

I first asked on Discord and then asked a growing-only discord which has more active growers and more experienced people from my experience in conversing in both servers, both said it was budrot, a moderator from the Discord here told me to message 6ixpensary to let them know and to see what they can do.

I messaged 6ixpensary on Discord and at first they asked me how I stored it but I let him know that I am a grower and I store my cannabis just how I store all my other product, in a mason jar with a Boveda pack inside and if I felt the nugs were still not dry to my liking, I continue to burp them, after I told him this, he got off the track of what felt like trying to pin it on me but realized I knew what I was talking about so instead I get told that because the order was 2 months ago (was 5 weeks yesterday to be exact) that they "aren't sure" what they would be able to do.

As I was awaiting replies from 6ixpensary, I decided to google budrot and to my surprise, I found a picture that was identical and I clicked on it, it lead me to a forum thread where everyone was confirming it was budrot and the opinions of both Discord servers and this thread allowed me to make a logical conclusion that it indeed was budrot. Here is the thread which has identical nugs that I discovered: https://www.420magazine.com/community/t ... ot.253867/

I have taken down my very detailed review that I took a lot of time creating and put good thought into it down, I apologize for anyone who made any purchases based off of my review.

I recommend if anyone still has any inventory from their Platinum Cookies batch to inspect your bud.

At first I didn't upload this review because as I was awaiting a reply from 6ixpensary to see if they would at least make an effort to do anything to correct this, I didn't want them to see a negative review and to not do anything due to it, now that I got confirmation that they won't be doing anything at all, I don't have to worry because I have nothing to lose and it was only a $99 ounce anyways so I'm not too hurt but I did let them know that I will be uploading this review, I also stated that I would not lie or discuss anything outside of the product I received and that I would only speak the truth because my objective here isn't to twist their arm.

Needless to say, this was my first and last order with them, I hope their grower adjusts his grow room and takes more care of his plants, the environment in which a plant grows and dries is extremely important, a good grow job can be ruined by bad practice in the drying/curing stage and that is exactly what happened and 6ixpensary sold me weed with budrot which I have 13 grams left, I have to apologize to my friends I shared this with now and that is all there is to say.

They or anyone can come in and argue or defend them, I am simply stating MY experience and what I have confirmed and have sitting in front of me, I am not here to argue nor will I entertain any arguments, this post is to just correct my past review and to alert anyone who bought weed from this MOM, especially the Platinum Cookies, a google search showed that this isn't the first issue this MOM has had with mold/budrot so please, check your bud as I will go back to doing due to this experience, only interaction I will have with this thread is if people have questions and or to correct and misinformation, thankfully for me, I am not struggling for money but there are people who buy $99 ounces and that's all they can afford until it runs out and to those people I feel bad for them if they ever end up in this situation with this MOM.

Here are the pictures: