**NEW POSTING GUIDLINES STARTING OCT 1ST. **

*Posts in this section are user generated only, MoM's can comment on posts made but may not start post themselves.
*Posts MUST contain at least 1 photo of the product being reviewed.
*Posts MUST be thorough enough to offer others some context of the products. 1-2 line reviews may be removed at the admins discretion.

Re: [STICKY] GOOD NEWS! Personal Blog, YouTube and Instagram links are now welcome!

JimB wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:25 am Not sure why promoting spam is a good thing. I liked the old rule. We will be seeing lots of begging for subscribes, likes, shares, etc.
That's great feedback, I appreciate it! We figured that YouTube/Instagram reviews were just another medium to post reviews, and sharing them here doesn't hurt anyone. Do you feel that it takes away from the community more than it contributes?

Re: [STICKY] GOOD NEWS! Personal Blog, YouTube and Instagram links are now welcome!

captcrunch wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:34 am
JimB wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:25 am Not sure why promoting spam is a good thing. I liked the old rule. We will be seeing lots of begging for subscribes, likes, shares, etc.
That's great feedback, I appreciate it! We figured that YouTube/Instagram reviews were just another medium to post reviews, and sharing them here doesn't hurt anyone. Do you feel that it takes away from the community more than it contributes?
It does take away from the community spirit of this forum. All the social media accounts want to be famous, that's the focus of their efforts - not providing quality content. The same information can be posted here, but then the glory and admiration is "wasted" as there's nowhere to like/share/subscribe. Not to mention all the paid 'reviews' that dilute real posts. Social media sites have their own website domain and so does Cmoms, they don't need to go hand in hand. I myself am not signed up to any of these "please look at me and love me" sites and would rather not see any cross contamination with them. But I know I am the extreme minority so you can ignore my opinion.