**NEW POSTING GUIDLINES STARTING OCT 1ST. **

*Posts in this section are user generated only, MoM's can comment on posts made but may not start post themselves.
*Posts MUST contain at least 1 photo of the product being reviewed.
*Posts MUST be thorough enough to offer others some context of the products. 1-2 line reviews may be removed at the admins discretion.

Shades of Green Review - Flower & Concentrates - October 2020

MoM :

Shades of Green

Shipping/Packaging

Shipping was quick from BC to Ontario making it in the standard three days. Arrived safe and aroma free.

Flower :

Mendo Blue Dream
This one is a unique cross between staple strains Mendocino Purple x Blue Dream and one that I've rarely seen around. The buds are dense and tightly structured, displaying olive green tones with soft purple streaking. The combination of colours really allow the fiery orange hairs to pop. Sticky and very frosty with plenty of greasy, undisturbed trichomes, and decently trimmed with little remaining sugar leaf.

The aroma profile is pretty unique as well, providing prominent notes of ripened berries, earth, and herbs which in turn form together to create a sweet, yet bitter red wine fragrance. Almost comparable to the hops in beer as well. Doesn't fully transition to the taste but it's still enjoyable, producing an exhale that is blue dream dominant. Smooth and clean burning, leaving behind a light grey ash.

Definitely a hybrid based high that offers a medley of mental and physical effects. Very uplifting yet mellow, giving you a good mix of cheerfulness and relaxation. An ideal buzz for socializing or gaming as it keeps you functional and engaged with no desire to feel lazy or tired.

Blue Lights
A classic cross of Blueberry x Northern lights. Dense, chunky buds that are moderately frosty and greasy with healthy amounts of resinous trichomes. Light green in colour with darker green sugar leaves, accented by rusty orange pistils. A little crisp on the outside but sticky to the touch within.

The nose is mild but pleasant, offering notes of sweet blueberries and earth, followed by undertones of pine. There's also a subtle dankness that gives off a gassy impression. Translates decently to the taste with a mild berry exhale followed by hints of wood and earth. It smokes very smoothly in both bong and joint, producing a darker ash but doesn't seem to effect flavour. (Edit : Smoked another joint and I'm not much of a fan of how it burns. It doesn't effect the taste or make it harsh like I mentioned but it does want to keep going out if you aren't constantly puffing)

It delivers a very calming and relaxing high with mellow, euphoric effects that are perfect for kicking it back. Not much sedation either as it's a creative and focused buzz but has the potential to be a couch locker in larger amounts. I did notice the high was a little short lived however which is the only knock on it but I do acknowledge I have a high tolerance so it all depends on the individual too as my sister really seemed to love it.

Concentrates :

Durban Poison Live Resin
Up next from Shades of Green, this lovely classic, Durban Poison Live Resin. Sporting a vibrant peach orange colour that has the consistency and texture of a fruit puree. Slightly grainy but overall very creamy and soft. Extremely easy to work with as it's not runny and very manageable.

The aromas emerge from the jar as soon as the plastic seal cap is removed and has notes of sweet citrus and pepper. The taste is similar but with added flavours of pine and earth. Really reminds me of the flower itself. Super smooth and clean with a tiny blob going a long way as it offers a satisfying dab.

Exactly the high one would expect from this old-school sativa. Very clear headed and focused with mood enhancing, energetic effects that make for the perfect choice when the day calls for being active.

Sour Diesel Diamonds
Next up are these Sour Diesel Diamonds from Shades of Green. A coarse, granular texture and consistency from clusters of smaller diamonds that cling to one another. Moving them around with a dab tool reminds me of crushed ice in a snow cone. A scooper type is definitely recommended and makes handling a ton easier.

Not a whole lot going on in the terpene department which is normal of THCA diamonds unless mixed with a sauce of course. It has a generic subtle sweetness that is similar to dabbing CBD. This stuff seems to be very concentrated as well as even a small amount can give a surprisingly large dab. Super smooth but can cause a slight throat tickle minutes after exhaling.

The high is extremely heady and one dimensional being THCA, bringing on a rush of cerebral effects. A very stoney and in the zone type of high where you can really focus all your attention on to something but multiple things cause your thoughts to race. Similar to smoking a powerful sativa. Overall quite an enjoyable daytime high with functional but potent effects.

Diamond Dust OG Shatter
Very neatly packaged shatter, arriving in an envelope sleeve and placed within a piece of parchment. The appearance and colour of the shatter itself is of a red-amber complexion kind of resembling maple syrup. The texture is very much pull and snap with a malleable consistency unless exposed to colder temps. Makes gathering a dab super easy as it doesn't fly or explode everywhere.

Hard to find an exact lineage but I've seen it's Sour Bubble x Matrix 2 on a few sites. Not the terpiest of profiles unlike their White Widow Haze which I really enjoyed. Instead It offers more of a generic shatter taste and by that I mean it's quite earthy and herbal dominant. It did dab very smooth however and produced a ton of vapour with a small chunk.

The high is mainly a body based one with subtle heady effects but it focuses on the relaxing side more than anything. 1 or 2 dabs is enough to have me slouched back into my chair without a want to do anything strenuous or active. Not too much of a burn out factor afterwards even though it can be a couch locker.

Widow Haze Shatter
This golden coloured shatter is a pairing of two classics, White Widow and Silver Haze. Also a pull and snap consistency like the Diamond Dust OG I previously reviewed. Perhaps just a little more delicate as it's thinner and a colder room temperature can make it a little brittle.

The terpene profile of this shatter is exactly what I would expect from it's lineage with the White Widow being the dominant parent. A mix of berry, lavender, and spices make up the taste which results in a flavourful, smooth dab at my ideal temperature of 525.

A little bit of a creeper high in the sense that it's very clear headed and focused at first. It then takes it up a notch into a much more stoney, spaced out high. It remains sativa leaning throughout it's entirety with just enough relaxation to not feel edgy. Perfect for daytime dab sessions.

-

These samples were provided for this review