Bud rot ? What would you do

So I bought a couple ozs well more then a couple and I noticed that 2 of the ozs had some amount of bud rot .. I didn’t notice at first but once I started looking I found more..

Just curious what do you as a community expect to be done ?

I’m in contact with the mom just thought I’d reach out thanks

Re: Bud rot ? What would you do

Medicalman1126 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:09 pm Man every time I try n post a picture “image” just comes up lol i suck but I did email the mom and the did not refute the pics sent them
Use IMGUR they have a BBCODE link built into it to make it easy to share pics.

The forum has been totally fucked with attachments since I joined it almost 2 years ago, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it'll work initially but if you edit the message they go, or some go, it's like totally random.

Wanted to touch on this because it's something we have just dealt with.

After about 2 years running, we had our first issue with 'bud rot' (ish) about a week ago. One of our regular customers had bought an ounce from us, and after receiving his order, he reached out to us to let us know that this particular bud had a minor moldy smell to it. Nothing visible, but it affected the aroma and the taste, which are obviously key factors to a quality bud.

The best thing to do in this case, which you have done, is reach out to the MOM and let them know. Be nice about it, we're people too, but definitely inform us of the issue so we can correct accordingly.

In this case, we were happy to credit the customer an ounce to cover the problem, which we just put in his next order for him. We then inspected the rest of the batch and sunk the cost of the whole thing, just in case. Scrapped it completely because we don't mess around with shit like that (full disclosure, it was a flower we only brought in a couple pounds of to try out so it wasn't the biggest hit – no heroes here).

Fortunately, we're lucky to move enough product that our stock doesn't sit very long to rot, but not every MOM is that big. A lot of the sites you see now are just a couple guys who bought 10 pounds of flower and let it sit in a basement for a couple months while they tried to move the stock.

The best recommendation i can make, is stick to the MOM's that have good customer service reviews. They could have the best product or the worst product, but if the people behind the curtain don't care, you're shooting yourself in the foot as soon as you make an order.

Supherbs wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:29 pm Wanted to touch on this because it's something we have just dealt with.

After about 2 years running, we had our first issue with 'bud rot' (ish) about a week ago. One of our regular customers had bought an ounce from us, and after receiving his order, he reached out to us to let us know that this particular bud had a minor moldy smell to it. Nothing visible, but it affected the aroma and the taste, which are obviously key factors to a quality bud.

The best thing to do in this case, which you have done, is reach out to the MOM and let them know. Be nice about it, we're people too, but definitely inform us of the issue so we can correct accordingly.

In this case, we were happy to credit the customer an ounce to cover the problem, which we just put in his next order for him. We then inspected the rest of the batch and sunk the cost of the whole thing, just in case. Scrapped it completely because we don't mess around with shit like that (full disclosure, it was a flower we only brought in a couple pounds of to try out so it wasn't the biggest hit – no heroes here).

Fortunately, we're lucky to move enough product that our stock doesn't sit very long to rot, but not every MOM is that big. A lot of the sites you see now are just a couple guys who bought 10 pounds of flower and let it sit in a basement for a couple months while they tried to move the stock.

The best recommendation i can make, is stick to the MOM's that have good customer service reviews. They could have the best product or the worst product, but if the people behind the curtain don't care, you're shooting yourself in the foot as soon as you make an order.
It’s interesting to hear from a mom on this issue. And nice to hear how it was dealt with. I’m going to take a look at your site and maybe place my next order there. Good customer service always goes hand in hand with ethical business practices.