White Powder Mildew 101

G'day kiddies, just a little update and some educational tidbits for all you buzzed out boys and girls. First of all, moldy bud doesn't look like moldy bread, that is until you look at it under a black light, then it really looks like green mold. Instead what you may notice are little blotches or patches of white discolouration, usually circular and usually first noticeable on the fan leaves. People often mistake WPM aka mold for THC trichomes or crystals because they almost look exactly the same when magnified.

White powder mildew really sucks because it is systemic, meaning it affects the entire plant inside and out. It also really sucks because it can ruin an entire crop very quickly if not brought under control. I've seen vids where master grower and veritable fountain of weed knowledge Jorge Cervantes washes infected buds in a solution of hydrogen peroxide and water, apparently this works fairly well, but personally I would rather have growers cut their losses and simply dispose of cannabis infected with White Powder Mildew.

Cannabis can also go moldy when cured and stored improperly. This type of mold is completely different than the WPM variety and can usually be easily detected visually and by an overly musty or strong ammonia odour. White Powder Mildew detection requires a little more scrutiny and a trained eye because often there is no real odour and it can easily be confused with THC crystals. Anyway, smoking moldy buds is no joke. Especially for an old freak like me. You can get migraines, lung infections, and a host of other complications especially if you happen to be immune compromised or suppressed. So kiddies, in case you don't already know, moldy weed is fucking poison, and believe it or not, it's a real problem.

Here are some better pics of the WPM 420 package I received from CK
fullsizeoutput_70c.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_70c.jpeg (1018.85 KiB) Viewed 2547 times
fullsizeoutput_70c.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_70c.jpeg
Last edited by alscotty on Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_70d.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_70d.jpeg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 2546 times
fullsizeoutput_711.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_711.jpeg (271.82 KiB) Viewed 2546 times

Re: White Powder Mildew 101

What amazes me is how many people don't even know they're smoking moldy weed...I had another problem with a MOM on here that sent me moldy Grape Crush around last xmas...all kinds of people ordered that same batch of moldy weed, some were even posting pics saying how good it was when clearly you could see the white powder mildew all over the buds...the MOM finally admitted that the moldy weed had indeed slipped through their inspection process, but they still didn't want to do anything for me except a discount or credit...talk about capitalism over caring and compassion...this happened before xmas and then finally well into the new year and after much bad publicity on my part through reddit, they begrudgingly sent me a replacement 1/4oz, like somehow it was my fault that one of their suppliers grew and sold them moldy weed...

Re: White Powder Mildew 101

I've seen complaints on reddit mompics. Looks like this MOM chooses to ignore the problem. One SIMPLE solution would have been to inspect the bud carefully after the grow. Now why haven't they done that? It makes you think how much they don't care about your health and care more about your money people. WAKE UP!