DO NOT TRUST GRASSLIFE. They are Buying Email Lists and will sell your info too

I believe that MoMs should not be sending unsolicited emails to us just so they can gain new customers. Sure some people may have enjoyed it but there are also some people who dont, if i wanted to use them then i would have done so on my own terms. To the people who say your just buying weed online, its basically legal. To many people it is medicine and cannabis is still very illegal. To the extreme of paranoia, this could raise concern for their information is available to the world and needless to say it is a complete disrespect to their privacy with no concern of their personal information. Being accountable to a patients medical information should be held highly accountable to both parties the seller and the buyer of the information, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A MEDICAL DISPENSARY.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CanadianMOMs/c ... ail_lists/

https://www.reddit.com/r/CanadianMOMs/c ... ents_from/

https://www.reddit.com/r/CanadianMOMs/c ... asslifeca/

DO NOT TRUST GRASSLIFE

If they would buy your information, what makes you think they wont sell it?
Last edited by dontkillmyvibe on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: DO NOT TRUST GRASSLIFE. They are Buying Email Lists - Unsolicited Emails & Disrespectful to Privacy

So lemme get this straight, you used your email on an internet business website and you are shocked and pissed that it got leaked to another company dealing with the same products. Not only are you pissed, but you are pissed at the company that took this opportunity to grow, instead of whatever company sold/gave the information in the first place.

The cherry on the cake is the fact those are 4+ month old threads on reddit.

/golfclap

Re: DO NOT TRUST GRASSLIFE. They are Buying Email Lists - Unsolicited Emails & Disrespectful to Privacy

xsinx wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:29 pm So lemme get this straight, you used your email on an internet business website and you are shocked and pissed that it got leaked to another company dealing with the same products. Not only are you pissed, but you are pissed at the company that took this opportunity to grow, instead of whatever company sold/gave the information in the first place.

The cherry on the cake is the fact those are 4+ month old threads on reddit.

/golfclap
Just saying, there are MOMS that will choose not to use private information with complete recpect to the clients even given the chance to use it. This is actually a growing issue as whether you like it or not, the idea of an online dispensary originated for medical patients. You dont expect your hospital to release all your information about health, now would you?

Lets not forget we're talking about illegal drug dealers here, this ain't Health Canada. I'm sure the gov dispensaries are going to have a set of rules to follow and most will abide by them for fear of losing their licence, etc.

I honestly don't see a problem with Grasslife (or any MOM) buying clients. It's standard stuff in pretty much all online businesses, I've seen it for software, clothing, whatever, it's all the same. Information is $$$.

xsinx wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:18 pm Lets not forget we're talking about illegal drug dealers here, this ain't Health Canada. I'm sure the gov dispensaries are going to have a set of rules to follow and most will abide by them for fear of losing their licence, etc.

I honestly don't see a problem with Grasslife (or any MOM) buying clients. It's standard stuff in pretty much all online businesses, I've seen it for software, clothing, whatever, it's all the same. Information is $$$.
Lets also not forget that this is a MEDICINAL DISPENSARY. You are a moderator so you should hold a higher level of respect for privacy of information. Half of the people on MOMS are seniors or regular citizens like you and me. They do not know its from "Drug dealers" and they will treat it to the same standard as any other dispensary you would assume is legal.

I can guarantee that a lot of people seek cannabis for treatment of major diseases as it is the only medicine that helps. I know so because i also self medicate through cannabis for lupus. The fact that you are forgiving acts like this for money profit reasons and the "fear of losing licenses" just shows that you do not care about other peoples conditions. What happens if you have aids and u didnt want people to know, but now the information has leaked?

Seriously dude i approve a lot of your comments and agree with alot of your statements. In fact i generally like you as a user here, but the fact that you are treating it as an online drug business instead of medicine for the patients just makes you not cool pretty much lol

First off I'm talking as myself, giving my personal point of view in this thread so far. I'm helping as a moderator to keep the spammers out mostly, so don't give me more power or influence than I have. I'm not here to shut you down, just figured having a little joust of ideas was a better thing to do.

We might be both pulling to extremes. In the eyes of the law, they are drug dealers, not medicinal dipensaries. We can argue all we want, they are not registered businesses, paying taxes, etc. (there might be exceptions, but you get my point). With that in mind, I think us as consumers need to accept the fact we are buying this stuff outside the government bubble and it comes with pros and cons.

I'm not sure what else I can add, I mean if I were a MOM and I was offered to buy a list of clients I would in a snap if the price is right. There are many companies out there paying a large sum of their income in publicity to get new clients, so an opportunity like getting a client list as an online business is just about impossible to pass up. Selling the information a bit less honorable maybe, but I mean we're talking emails here, emails that have been used to conduct drug purchases in the past, they are already "soiled".

I don't think anyone is selling phone numbers and addresses, that I would have an issue with. There was a case I think it was on reddit earlier where someone said he got a weed related flyer in the mail to his name. That crosses the line because it falls straight into huge privacy concerns, it can easily lead to family members, neighbors, your postman, etc knowing you are a weed user. Even when weed is legal, it can still be a big stigma especially for workers that get tested for drugs or do jobs that totally forbid any use.

xsinx wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:50 pm First off I'm talking as myself, giving my personal point of view in this thread so far. I'm helping as a moderator to keep the spammers out mostly, so don't give me more power or influence than I have. I'm not here to shut you down, just figured having a little joust of ideas was a better thing to do.

We might be both pulling to extremes. In the eyes of the law, they are drug dealers, not medicinal dipensaries. We can argue all we want, they are not registered businesses, paying taxes, etc. (there might be exceptions, but you get my point). With that in mind, I think us as consumers need to accept the fact we are buying this stuff outside the government bubble and it comes with pros and cons.

I'm not sure what else I can add, I mean if I were a MOM and I was offered to buy a list of clients I would in a snap if the price is right. There are many companies out there paying a large sum of their income in publicity to get new clients, so an opportunity like getting a client list as an online business is just about impossible to pass up. Selling the information a bit less honorable maybe, but I mean we're talking emails here, emails that have been used to conduct drug purchases in the past, they are already "soiled".

I don't think anyone is selling phone numbers and addresses, that I would have an issue with. There was a case I think it was on reddit earlier where someone said he got a weed related flyer in the mail to his name. That crosses the line because it falls straight into huge privacy concerns, it can easily lead to family members, neighbors, your postman, etc knowing you are a weed user. Even when weed is legal, it can still be a big stigma especially for workers that get tested for drugs or do jobs that totally forbid any use.
your obviously a firm believer of buying and selling emails especially confidential information from medical patients. I firmly think its bad business if your in a health sector cuz i dont want anyone to know my business especially my employers and family members (that information could be used to blackmail in the worst senses and it has happened before). Its completely different than buying flip flops and then sending someone your information about buying flip flops, its my health dude

Re: DO NOT TRUST GRASSLIFE. They are Buying Email Lists and will sell your info too

The whole debate here resides in the fact you seem to think MOM's are government agencies under Health Canada's wing. I mean we're headed there, but we aren't there yet and MOM's in the vast majority will most likely not be part of the new system. I mean it's a bit like a guy filing a lawsuit against the Hells Angels because their coke isn't pure and could cause a health risk. Nobody is forcing you to use the grey/black market, if you want government approved weed and government agency level of confidentiality, go see your doctor and get a med card and deal with the big LP's. Based on what I've read on LP's, they might have better confidentiality practices, but they definitely aren't anywhere close in quality and prices.

Choices, it's all about choices... But the minute you start dealing outside the law, you can't expect to deal with law-abiding companies.