PSA: Please review your orders!

This isn't a mod/admin sanctioned initiative or anything, but I'd like to point out there are lots of new MOMs lately and they are working double time to provide awesome deals. If you order something, please take a couple minutes to post a review of your order.

This will both help the MOM and community, this is why we are here and doing this. I get to discuss with new MOMs often and they ask how they can make their mark, I tell them about what past promos generated intetest and they are often more than willing to provide us all with good deals. Least you guys can do is review what you get. Good, bad, meh, every opinion counts both to us as members and to the MOMs so they can adjust their offers.

Please report any shady stuff going on. We do not want any MOMs cheating their way to success by paying for positive reviews only. For this community to work both clients and MOMs need to be honest!

Doesn't need to be huge detailed reviews. Follow the template, tell us how you liked the products and service, post one pictures at least and it's a done deal, everyone will benefit from it.

Re: PSA: Please review your orders!

xsinx wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:15 pm
Please report any shady stuff going on. We do not want any MOMs cheating their way to success by paying for positive reviews only. For this community to work both clients and MOMs need to be honest!

Define Shady: very accurately for everyone please. Sample offers for reviews are not shady, they are not "buying" positive reviews (at least not from this guy), they are bartering for promotion from people who write better than average reviews. That is business everyday across the world. Never once has my honesty waivered because bud was free; shit weed is shit weed, I'll always state it, and each MOM I review for is VERY clear on that fact. That said, none of them yet have tried to hide their budget options, they almost always offer something from each economic category, so the samples are not all "cherry picked" as some people seem to believe. In the way that I operate, this is standard business, it is forthright and honest, and there will never be anything "shady" about it.

I feel like this suggestion opens the door to false accusations, people acting like "review cops," and the like. There is so much lingering reddit etiquette going on here that it stinks to high hell.

Some people who don't do as well as others, get maliciously jealous online and begin levelling accusations at you (see Tony from CheapWeed's rant). This has happened to me despite my constant disclaimers, transparency and honesty. And the funniest part of all, is that I am constantly reviewing legitimate purchases, AS WELL, as samples. Go figure.

And I kind of disagree on the detail end. The reason I started doing reviews the way I do them curretly (didnt start that way, view my old ones), is because I got tired of reading half-assed, shit reviews with garbage pictures and terrible English. In my opinion, if that's the best you got, stay home.

Raise the bar, don't lower it.

P.S. This blurb of opinion is simply posted in the interested of protecting my reputation as an honest reviewer for the sake of the MOMs I deal with, as they have all been highly professional and reputable people. No offence is meant to any other reviewer; I have more free-time than most to waste on this endeavor. I encourage everone to review, as long as they follow the template then it helps everyone.
Last edited by MirkaLane on Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:33 pm, edited 10 times in total.

MirkaLane wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:12 pmDefine Shady: very accurately for everyone please. Sample offers for reviews are not shady, they are not "buying" reviews, they are bartering for promotion from people who write better than average reviews. That is business everyday across the world.

And I kind of disagree on the detail end. The reason I started doing reviews the way I do them curretly (didnt start that way, view my old ones), is because I got tired of reading half-assed, shit reviews with garbage pictures and terrible English. In my opinion, if that's the best you got, stay home.
Shady is shady man, whatever you feel is wrong, let us know and we'll act if we feel it's wrong. For example, when CWS showed up on here they were giving 50$ coupons to people who left POSITIVE reviews only. That's shady, that's buying biased reviews with money. We're fine with MOMs sending free samples.

Another shady thing would be getting samples of a product that is bomb.. then ordering the same product in larger quantity and getting shwagg. That would be a shady practice. I mean I could go on forever on this, just use common sense.

Also, to answer your other posts about fake accounts promoting MOMs here, we banned a plethora of them since I've been mod here. Sometimes you see a new MOM show up and suddenly, 10 new users pop up and give 10/10 reviews... That's shady, it just doesn't happen like that, it's obviously the MOM creating accounts or getting others to do it to try and fool us.

As for the review complexity, so long as the template is followed and there is sufficient information to form an opinion, I'd rather have this than see people refrain from posting reviews because they think huge reviews like yours are the only way to do reviews. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate big reviews and tend to do them big myself, but lots of new users told me they didn't post reviews because they didn't want to spend hours making reviews.

Bottom line is more reviews is good, so long as they are honest and have enough information to be useful, I'd rather have that than radio silence in the review section. We have new MOMs coming in each week, throwing awesome entry deals to try and make a mark, and most people never review the stuff. I think it's just basic courtesy to review stuff, both for the members here and for the MOMs offering these products at the best possible prices, often at a loss to make their name.

xsinx wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:59 pm
MirkaLane wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:12 pmDefine Shady: very accurately for everyone please. Sample offers for reviews are not shady, they are not "buying" reviews, they are bartering for promotion from people who write better than average reviews. That is business everyday across the world.

Shady is shady man, whatever you feel is wrong, let us know and we'll act if we feel it's wrong. For example, when CWS showed up on here they were giving 50$ coupons to people who left POSITIVE reviews only. That's shady, that's buying biased reviews with money. We're fine with MOMs sending free samples.

Another shady thing would be getting samples of a product that is bomb.. then ordering the same product in larger quantity and getting shwagg. That would be a shady practice. I mean I could go on forever on this, just use common sense.

Also, to answer your other posts about fake accounts promoting MOMs here, we banned a plethora of them since I've been mod here. Sometimes you see a new MOM show up and suddenly, 10 new users pop up and give 10/10 reviews... That's shady, it just doesn't happen like that, it's obviously the MOM creating accounts or getting others to do it to try and fool us.

As for the review complexity, so long as the template is followed and there is sufficient information to form an opinion, I'd rather have this than see people refrain from posting reviews because they think huge reviews like yours are the only way to do reviews. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate big reviews and tend to do them big myself, but lots of new users told me they didn't post reviews because they didn't want to spend hours making reviews.

Bottom line is more reviews is good, so long as they are honest and have enough information to be useful, I'd rather have that than radio silence in the review section. We have new MOMs coming in each week, throwing awesome entry deals to try and make a mark, and most people never review the stuff. I think it's just basic courtesy to review stuff, both for the members here and for the MOMs offering these products at the best possible prices, often at a loss to make their name.
Perfect, that makes it a lot more clear. I agree with all of those situations being shady. Thanks for clarifying. Sometimes it can be a bit hard to try and do something bigger, I have been called a shill with no basis.... Doesn't feel good.

I also agree that it is highly valuable to a mom to take the time to review your purchases, and it is why I do the same level of review regardless of whether it was a sample or a purchase.

I have a weird issue.

I placed an order with a MOM almost three weeks ago, no tracking number, order marked as complete, package hasn't showed up.

After my order I got an order confirmation but no other communication, no tracking number. The Thursday after I originally ordered it they sent me an e-mail saying the package was marked as complete "on their end". I had no idea what that meant as I had no package, they'd sent no tracking info, so I sent an e-mail asking if I could get tracking info or if that meant that it had been delivered or what. They said "your order went out on tuesday, so should be there any day now, depending on the postal strikes (some deliveries have taken a while). We are having trouble with our tracking number system, so can't provide that atm, but please check back early next week if you haven't received it. "

Have since placed an order at a different MOM on black friday and it's already arrived, through an actively strike affected area, so my hopes that the package was just clogged behind the strike turned out to be pointless.

FWIW all reviews I've seen of the website seem decently legit but nobody has any pictures (they claim they were sent pics). At least one of the pics on the MOM's website are scraped from other websites. That said, one of the strains I had bought has been marked "out of stock" so clearly there is some inventory happening here. Idk.

Today (11 days later) I shot them an email today at 8AM PST but still no response. I don't know if it's unreasonable to expect a response within the same business day but I mean hey it's a Tuesday and this is supposed to be somewhat of a company.

At what point should I feel concerned that I've been scammed? When should I name and shame? I'm trying to be very patient and don't want to harm the reputation of a new MOM if there's just some growing pains or communication issues, but I'm out over $100 and kind of sitting in limbo here.

booker wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:08 amI have a weird issue.

I placed an order with a MOM almost three weeks ago, no tracking number, order marked as complete, package hasn't showed up.
Hello Booker and welcome. Missing tracking number is kinda lame, but it happens. One MOM sent me a package yesterday and they forgot/lost the tracking number so I'm in the same boat as you (first time it ever happens!).

11 days+ for a package to show up is unusual, but given the CP strike, it's not unheard of and I would not worry too much. If the package had to pass in Missisauga or Toronto to get to you, there are huge clog ups there so it could be parked in a van that will only be processed when the strike is over and they actually get to it.

24h is a reasonable amount of time to wait usually for a reply, but don't forget we just had black friday weekend which is a WILD weekend for MOMs that do any kind of good deals.. They are probably swamped.

All that said, there's a big pile of fuck ups and I understand your frustration. If you want you can send me the name of the MOM in a private message, at least I can tell you if it's a MOM you should worry about or not.

MirkaLane wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:20 am
Vdubb wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:15 am I don’t buy weed to post online reviews... this feels like work and I work too much as it is. Lol

Buuut... I guess if it’ll help the community I’ll start doing small reviews.
I kinda do it for folks like you who don't have time. Not everybody does.
I love seeing detailed reviews. I can’t remember if it was yours or Keyll’s but I ordered from Speedgreens because of a review, so it’s much appreciated. I wasn’t worried about placing my first order with Speedgreens at all based on the reviews I read.

xsinx wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:19 am
Vdubb wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:15 am I don’t buy weed to post online reviews... this feels like work and I work too much as it is. Lol

Buuut... I guess if it’ll help the community I’ll start doing small reviews.
I mean at least for new MOMs, especially if they are sending free stuff or discounting severely.
Makes sense.. they are provided a good discount to help spread the word.. reviews definelty help with that.

booker wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:08 am I have a weird issue.

After my order I got an order confirmation but no other communication, no tracking number. The Thursday after I originally ordered it they sent me an e-mail saying the package was marked as complete "on their end". I had no idea what that meant as I had no package, they'd sent no tracking info, so I sent an e-mail asking if I could get tracking info or if that meant that it had been delivered or what. They said "your order went out on tuesday, so should be there any day now, depending on the postal strikes (some deliveries have taken a while). We are having trouble with our tracking number system, so can't provide that atm, but please check back early next week if you haven't received it. "

Have since placed an order at a different MOM on black friday and it's already arrived, through an actively strike affected area, so my hopes that the package was just clogged behind the strike turned out to be pointless.

FWIW all reviews I've seen of the website seem decently legit but nobody has any pictures (they claim they were sent pics). At least one of the pics on the MOM's website are scraped from other websites. That said, one of the strains I had bought has been marked "out of stock" so clearly there is some inventory happening here. Idk.

Today (11 days later) I shot them an email today at 8AM PST but still no response. I don't know if it's unreasonable to expect a response within the same business day but I mean hey it's a Tuesday and this is supposed to be somewhat of a company.

At what point should I feel concerned that I've been scammed? When should I name and shame? I'm trying to be very patient and don't want to harm the reputation of a new MOM if there's just some growing pains or communication issues, but I'm out over $100 and kind of sitting in limbo here.
I kind of think I know who you’re talking about, send me a message if you wanna share.

booker wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:08 am
That is definitely not normal. I’d already be naming them in hopes that they would see the post and respond. Even if the package turns up this is very bad business. When you drop off the package you receive a tracking number... for them to blame it on the strike is a complete fabrication. Either they lost it or they just didn’t send it. Has it been 11 business days? Cause even with the strike, it shouldn’t be taking 11 business days.

highres604 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:26 am please share name of the mom you are having issues with. I would personally like to know. I lurk here pretty much daily for this kind of info lol.
Asked him to email them one last time and wait until tonight before posting the name. I have the name and they are not a MOM known for issues so I'm fairly sure it's just a lot of bad luck rather than bad business.

I did get a response back, some commiserating about how frustrating it is on their end too and that they'd root around for tracking info and LMK if something came up. It doesnt really f
move anything forward but at least there's an open line of communication.
Vdubb wrote:
booker wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:08 am
That is definitely not normal. I’d already be naming them in hopes that they would see the post and respond. Even if the package turns up this is very bad business. When you drop off the package you receive a tracking number... for them to blame it on the strike is a complete fabrication. Either they lost it or they just didn’t send it. Has it been 11 business days? Cause even with the strike, it shouldn’t be taking 11 business days.
Today is the 11th business day following the day it was shipped on their end. In total it's been 19 days.

Thankfully I am not dry so I can wait to see how the situation resolves itself. Following the package etc I will leave a full review that takes these issues into account so that others can make a fully informed opinipn but until then I don't want to disparage a new MOM on the off chance this was mostly an incident out of their control.

Yeah losing tracking info sucks but if the strike weren't happening maybe I wouldn't even have noticed, even CE forgets tracking sometimes. I knew this was a new MOM and should accept at least some of the risk inherent to unestablished MOMs (i.e. bad logistics), at least to the extent that I shouldn't be going off half cocked. Will keep you guys posted with updates.