Multiple MOM sites ran by the same individual

Not going to drop names just yet, but ever since I was part of these online MOM communities, I've heard the rumors... "There are like 5 guys running 75% of the market". Never made much of it, conspiracy theorists are entertaining but hardly credible most of the time.

I'm wondering if we, as a community of buyers should be more aware and discuss cases we do notice. There are a million reasons to close a site down and start anew, rebrand, or run multiple sites to target different demographics, etc.

We all know about the Sabrina saga... They came back with what, 3, 4, 5 sites now? How many new ones have they created that we missed? We have the likes of Teddibles and Ap3x who we can only assumed tried their luck again and are probably operating without anyone noticing.. How many others like that are there?

I feel that in a way these should be treated as a single entity when it comes to reviews, opinions, listing, blacklisting, etc... But most do not do it openly, it's not easy to prove anything.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Re: Multiple MOM sites ran by the same individual

I don't see why it'd be an issue with one person running multiple online storefronts. People own multiple businesses in the same industry all the time.
With that said, I think that in a black market business such as this one, the people who are operating multiple sites are likely doing it to hide something, and that's not okay. If Tony went and opened up "ExpensiveWeed" that'd be fine with me, especially because of the obvious connection, but I wouldn't be happy buying from a site and then realizing afterwards they're affiliated with a blacklisted MOM.
I actually stumbled across a couple sites earlier today which were very clearly the same entity, even as far as the Live Chat opening on both sites if you sent a message on one or the other. (BulkGreens and BudgetGreens) and it just makes me wonder why they'd need to operate two different sites.

c mom wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 11:24 amThere's a bunch like this. Let's be real here though, you say you'd stay away but if they pop up on here offering first time 'review packages', you are taking them without a second thought.
Thanks for the info, but wtf is that snarky remark? Not like any of them publicly say they are a rebrand or fake new MOM, how am I or anyone else supposed to sort through that shit? As clients we should stand together and share that info , not throw stupid baseless accusations at each other.

c mom wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 1:51 pm
xsinx wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:48 pm
c mom wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 11:24 amThere's a bunch like this. Let's be real here though, you say you'd stay away but if they pop up on here offering first time 'review packages', you are taking them without a second thought.
Thanks for the info, but wtf is that snarky remark? Not like any of them publicly say they are a rebrand or fake new MOM, how am I or anyone else supposed to sort through that shit? As clients we should stand together and share that info , not throw stupid baseless accusations at each other.
It's not a baseless accusation, it's the truth. I didn't quote Bassdrop30, but he said "When it's a secret I tend to stay away." and also mentioned himself that "Piffery and 6ixpensary" are associated. Yet he still sent his info to Piffery to try and get free samples. He contradicted himself, that is what I based that statement off of, a fact.

Maybe he didn't know it at the time, but I'm sure if they followed up and sent him the package he would still go ahead and review them. Let's be honest with ourselves, please look over my comment again and how I said 'without a second thought'. No second though was given in this case. Is that baseless?
Indeed I did not know at the time. Had I known, I would have not accepted. I was offered samples by HighTHC (the ones who had their marketing done by a firm in China, probably a Greensociety rebrand), and by 6ixgreen, and declined because well, I found them to be sketchy.

c mom wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:41 pm And I honestly didn't want to single you out, but the contradiction was right there for me to refer to after xsinx lovingly called my point stupid.

The point is, let's be honest with ourselves, nobody here is going to go digging around for information with the prospect of some free shit on the table. Reputations are easily bought here and it allows the Multiple MOM sites ran by the same individual as said in the original post to be an easy choice for moms. On top of that, if they just act friendly to the right people and then enforce the public opinion, then everyone else will eat it up. We've seen plenty of moms do this and end up fucking people too.
Thought the jab was aimed at me btw which explains my reaction.

In fact my veiled interest in starting that debate was more for us as clients to be more aware of these and to share what we know/find out. While I can imagine many valid reasons for a guy or group to run several MOMs, I think a lot of them are doing it to dodge user scrutiny, or hide past wrongdoings. Because of that I feel any MOM that are related like this should be open about it and others should be called out. I feel hiding that information goes against what we, as consumers, are trying to do with platforms such as this one.

This thread needs more eyes.
But, have also given this some more thought in the past few days.. I feel if a source has multiple sites/names, but each of those individual brands are doing good work (reliably providing relief without dishonest business practices), then I'd have no prob supporting any of that source's sites that I was interested in.
If a source has multiple sites/names, but if any/most of those individual brands had proven themselves to be unreliable or dishonest, then I'd choose to not support any of the source's multiple sites.

Also, as this is a community, it's probably more useful to discuss facts/ideas and just focus on sharing good information.

Shoutout to whoever mentioned Sabrina in this thread, my lord I have never been spammed so hard to try a "Free sample" edible which never arrived after I gave my information so that was odd, a stranger now has my address and I got nothing for it lol

Then I read about her sending out flower in an envelope with no vacuum seal, just a ziplock bag and it was covered in dryer sheets and if I remember correctly, they kept it all together with rubber bands lol.

On Reddit I was talking about it like 5 months ago because someone was asking for reviews on them and I mentioned it and a few others corroborated what I said and they too remember reading about the atrocity which is Sabrinas World lol.