What with all the CW hate on Reddit?

I dont understand what all the hate is about over on Mom Pics... dudes put up pics of CW weed and get downvoted hardcore?? I have about 15 orders in with Tony at this point and with only a few slight issues, and I keep going back. I have NEVER had moldy bud from him, after once getting hayish smelling weed (fully refunded) I have stayed to the $180+ oz mark. Myself and 7 other guys at work go in on a HP every week and a half to 2 weeks. Cant find anywhere else to give us the same quality as Tony at approx $100-110 an OZ when getting 8 strains. Sure, can get NEAR same deals elsewhere but locked into a QP or HP of 1 strain. We and the guys like the variety tony has to offer with the savings. and I would much rather have 6 0r 8 1/8ths of multiple strains than an OZ of all the same any day (once we break it all up between us)
Could Tony make improvements? Sure, I am sure all MoM's can, only things I would love to see is weights being increased slightly in the oz bags, have had a few come in at 27.8 or so, not a HUGE issue, but an annoyance. A couple G samples of stuff coming with orders would be nice. Not a big deal, but near every other MoM we order from tosses in samples with orders of large sizes and even small sizes.
I dont know if I am missing something with all the hate going on over on reddit, Im just an old stoner who loves to get high, I just dont get it
But if anyone else knows of a place to get an 8 strain HP for $850 or so bucks.... let a brother know!!!

Re: What with all the CW hate on Reddit?

Cheapweed hate is like Walmart hate. Anyone successful in business gets a lot of flak. There is also the fact there are only a handful of bulk MOMs out there and they got lots of money, so I suspect they have paid social media people both incensing their "employer" and bashing down any MOM that gets any kind of success.

Just look at the accounts you'll notice trends... Either they're accounts that haven't posted in 6 years, either they're brand new, most of them simply don't have much credibility or are obviously created to stir shit.

Also last but not least, Tony moves a SHITLOAD of weed, so errors are bound to happen. Sure Tony has sent mold a couple times, he forgot an OZ here and there, he sent the wrong strain on a few occasions, he did all the errors any MOM will make, but since he serves way more clients than most other MOMs, these errors pop up more often and then all the trolls on reddit just hammer and hammer these issues publicly and make a big fuss out of it.

I haven't really ordered from Tony myself, but I saw a ton of reviews and despite a little hickup here and there, I'm 100% sure people are getting more than their money's worth and I also know for a fact Tony's customer service is absolutely top of the class as far as MOMs go.

And before any funny guy tries to insinuate me or any other mod/admin on here is paid to close our eyes or praise CW (or anyone), this is not what we do here. Be it Tony or any other MOM, I refuse or forward any offers I get to the members and honestly, since I've been here as a mod not a single MOM even tried to bribe me. I'm giving you all this information with absolute honesty, my allegiance is to the community.

Also last but not least, on reddit most MOMs get similar flak. I posted a lot of pics and I know for a fact that despite I get upvoted a bit, there's probably a ton of downvotes to go with it. Pretty much every comment I post on the MOM-related reddits nowadays gets an almost constant and consistent amount of downvotes. I'm telling you there are guys browsing those reddits just to downvote anything and everything, it's kinda sad.

I became a member here not that long a go. Tony and the way he conducted and presented himself around here was a MoM that I looked up to and still look up to. I have never ordered from him but I would bet on him being honest and not shy away from any obstacles in business he might come across.

That Reddit seems like a different animal haha.

Anyways, reviews and word of mouth is HUGE to us, actually everything. If my thoughts have any impact, he is definitely a MoM I would give a shot to, simply because of the comments over the past few months, since I became a member. Seems like a stand up guy to me!

The Chronic Toker wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:44 am I actually made a post which covered this and a few other things a while back but it got deleted for whatever reason.

My own conclusion is that CW is a great mom (for bulk anyways) and a lot of people on reddit just want to ruin their reputation. Reddit can be a good source of information but i always doubt anything on there lately
Thanks for your kind words =)

Yeah, our brand is built strong and that is only because of the participation of our clients, you all truly mean the world to me

Xsinx said it well, we succeed, you will just get hate

CW posts on Reddit will always be downvoted, 0 votes
That's okay, we have plenty other avenues to gain traffic and publicity now

I'm only happy that any CW reddit post is never about " mold / rot " / scamming , or late tracking #'s or no response

It's always irrelevant non-sense and we have been attacked so many times, but guess what
Our members speak up for me, and that's why I am so thankful.

Be wary of the fake posts of our poop shatter, that was a fun week lol =)

cheapweedca wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:30 pm
It's always irrelevant non-sense and we have been attacked so many times, but guess what
Our members speak up for me, and that's why I am so thankful.
Hmm, that’s where you lost me. Not that I necessary have a complaint but the reason I personally havent returned is because the quality was all over the place on a mixed QP I got on my birthday. I wouldn’t say it’s “irrelevant nonsense” and I get asked a lot about the quality on various moms as I’m always posting reviews/opinions on all the different moms. Some recent strains have looked killer so I’m not opposed to trying you again but there’s just so many options out there at this point.

I think in CW’s case it was a matter of the affiliation program they had going when they first opened (could be still going on I’m not sure). You’d literally have dozens of new users posting extremely positive reviews on every strain coming off the site and I think it just really hurt their image. There was a time when the sub literally had about 20 reviews in a row from one user so it definitely looked suspect.

It's frustrating on cheapweed that every strain has 5 star reviews I know I know Tony doesn't use a grading system because it's so flawed but it shouldn't be ......people get confused there is a grading system for overall quality and then there should be a bang for buck as well and people get this mixed up it's hurting alot of moms right now no body knows what they are getting anymore and it seems to be getting worse and I find lately alot of people are looking for true quads but it's so hard when people call 1400 a pound strain a 10/10 or 5 star or whatever

Yeah never trust reviews on the site itself it's obvious they filter anything bad so every single product is 4.5 stars or more. Can't even blame Tony for this every single MOM that has reviews on site does that.

I like talking with someone from the MOM I'm ordering from, telling them what I like and expect and then go with their suggestions. I've rarely been unhappy with suggestions provided by such inquiries. Everyone has different expectations.

xsinx wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:16 pm Yeah never trust reviews on the site itself it's obvious they filter anything bad so every single product is 4.5 stars or more. Can't even blame Tony for this every single MOM that has reviews on site does that.

I like talking with someone from the MOM I'm ordering from, telling them what I like and expect and then go with their suggestions. I've rarely been unhappy with suggestions provided by such inquiries. Everyone has different expectations.
Not completely true. My 3 star review of CW purple voodoo is still showing as is a 2 star review from someone that liked it even less than me. It's more about looking through all the reviews to see negative ones rather than just looking at the averaged rating.

HansSprungfeld wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:57 pm
xsinx wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:16 pm Yeah never trust reviews on the site itself it's obvious they filter anything bad so every single product is 4.5 stars or more. Can't even blame Tony for this every single MOM that has reviews on site does that.

Not completely true. My 3 star review of CW purple voodoo is still showing as is a 2 star review from someone that liked it even less than me. It's more about looking through all the reviews to see negative ones rather than just looking at the averaged rating.
Yup that's correct

Even customers who don't like a certain product can leave a review as it is honest and transparent

There are a few products with other clients honest opinion

We add a review function like all websites do, only to give insight to our clients with all honestly, not to mislead or guide them for a purchase.

Henderjo wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:49 am It's frustrating on cheapweed that every strain has 5 star reviews I know I know Tony doesn't use a grading system because it's so flawed but it shouldn't be ......people get confused there is a grading system for overall quality and then there should be a bang for buck as well and people get this mixed up it's hurting alot of moms right now no body knows what they are getting anymore and it seems to be getting worse and I find lately alot of people are looking for true quads but it's so hard when people call 1400 a pound strain a 10/10 or 5 star or whatever
It's not up to individual reviewers to grade, however. The 5 star system there is for the user to review their experience. I would give a 5 star rating for a AA grade that was impressive and a 4 star rating for an unimpressive AAAA. The As are the grading system and that is up to the MOM to implement. I'm sure all of us can agree that the AAAAA grading system is somewhat arbitrary as well. There are five star reviews because people have been satisfied. Obviously they're not deleting negative reviews as someone here noted their own lower reviews are still on the site, so it must just be that how you wish people would rate things isn't happening.

Anyway, in my opinion, if you want a true AAAAA experience buy higher priced marijuana, it's usually priced by quality if a site isn't doing grades. GanjaWest has some AAAAA stuff that people got for some killer discount codes that should start being reviewed soon, I know I'm watching to see how people liked that.

I can say for sure, I don't know.

The customer service I received from Tony when I had some issues with an order were second to none.

In fact, I'm going to give his shake a second try, and order a pound right now!

I'll post it on reddit when it arrives, with nice close-up microscope shots of the product. The kief one I posted didn't get a negative response (iirc).

My very first order with any MOM was with CheapWeed. I emailed Tony some questions, got a reply within an hour. I received my order in 2 days. I bought an ounce of Charlotte’s Web for $160, which is supposed to be ~15% CBD, and 0.5% THC. The buds are super sticky, super smelly, and overall some of best weed I’ve ever smoked. I also bought a few grams from OCS of a high CBD, low THC strain to compare and the buzz was comparable so I think CheapWeed is accurate in their labelling, too.

I wouldn’t trust reddit for anything accept to waste my time and annoy me. Deleted my account there last month, my days have been much better since.

chubber wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:41 amI wouldn’t trust reddit for anything accept to waste my time and annoy me. Deleted my account there last month, my days have been much better since.
Preach it. Facebook too. All social media, they're all cut from the same cloth. I didn't delete my Reddit but I removed the icon from my phone, added it to my computer's shit list app which blocks all my time waster sites except for two days a week, and removed its notifications so I only visit it when I remember I have a reason to go to Reddit. Now the only thing I like to do on Reddit is find people complaining about how they always see reposts of the same thing on Reddit and encourage them to find a hobby outside of Reddit. My days have been so much better now that I'm not spending hours on social media.

Fun thing, I hang out on Reddit and other social medias, I just get stressed and maybe some updoots for my work. I'm a niche freelance artist and I have never once been hired by a Redditor. Which to me is proof that it's a waste of my time, really.

I hang out here? I get sent free marijuanas for review purposes. Uh-huh I know which site I'm hanging out on now, yo. And just for reference? I also hang out on a forum relevant to my art and I get hired by people to do my art. Forums are way superior! It's a shame they've been choked out by social media but I enjoy how the forum can really create a tailored group for a niche interest. My feelings on this are the first thing that's ever made me feel "old". I know I'm biased because social media didn't exist when I started internetting!