Re: Just a Reddit Rant

416Strains.ca wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:14 pm
xsinx wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:20 pm Reddit is an angry mob basically. As a business the best you can do is survey and do minimal damage control, but it's definitely not a place where you want to try and advertise or promote, you'll get eaten alive. A small intervention here and there just to set the record straight (don't get into arguments, just drop a simple reply to complaints so people don't feel you're ignoring their attacks) is about the best you can do.

Beyond the basic human nature to criticize and jump on band wagons, there are lots of people on there with an agenda, either to promote a MOM, or to destroy competition, posing as regular people. Unfortunately they can be hard to make out, so it makes the whole pool of opinions on Reddit pretty shifty and unreliable... The loudest are often the most biased too, so it's really not social media for the uninitiated.
Fuck, I wrote out a whole post to KT just now.. but I should've just quoted this comment lol. +100
Yeah check the hate I'm getting right now (u/thenickelguy). They are absolutely terrible

416Strains.ca wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:11 pm Personally, my only wish is that ppl would just state openly when they are reviewing free product, coz you can still generate value by giving an honest review of free product.
Yep, which is why I clearly state in my reviews when I'm reviewing free product. It's fair reviewing practice to let people know you received product as compensation for your work in assembling the review.

Reddit is a special nightmare zone and participating there reminds me how much I prefer forums. Reddit is the only social media I use often, most of it's a cesspool of negativity. Why just yesterday, some fine person accused me of being a KT shill for asking if they had a review to back up their negativity.

Keyll wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:39 pm
416Strains.ca wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:11 pm Personally, my only wish is that ppl would just state openly when they are reviewing free product, coz you can still generate value by giving an honest review of free product.
Yep, which is why I clearly state in my reviews when I'm reviewing free product. It's fair reviewing practice to let people know you received product as compensation for your work in assembling the review.

Reddit is a special nightmare zone and participating there reminds me how much I prefer forums. Reddit is the only social media I use often, most of it's a cesspool of negativity. Why just yesterday, some fine person accused me of being a KT shill for asking if they had a review to back up their negativity.
Haha me too. I think it was in my pic of the hashplant in MOMPics. I still like to post pics there because I appreciate it when others do it, despite reddit ppl.

[quote} Always room for more MOMs, I won't necessarily rule anybody out. I was actually wanting to order from you back in December but noticed you were doing the revamp. Now I spent all of my money and need to re-heal! Wish I could recall the strain but there was a particular strain or two buzzing around that made me itch.

Best of luck for 2019! New year, new fun, new experiences!
[/quote]

Appreciate it, yeah the revamp was a whole new build! The launch was about 2 weeks later than expected... So far, it's been great! We have quite a few avenues to interact with, not just sales, so it keeps us busy.

When you're ready to pace an order again and we have the opportunity, it would be nice to have a quick chat before you do... Let's see if we can find that strain or 2 you were looking at.

Appreciate wishing us luck! You as well in the new year :)

JD17 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:37 pm Yeah check the hate I'm getting right now (u/thenickelguy). They are absolutely terrible
Idk if you're referring to a specific incident, but honestly I've skipped most of your reviews because you are usually ridiculously positive and just not very believable. I don't believe in downvoting unless posts are super egregious, but I don't know if I'd call it "hate" if other casual observers felt the same way about your reviews and chose to downvote you more aggressively for wasting their time.

You just reviewed 3 sample strains from Republic of Kush (?) and in the entire lengthy "review" you posted in the megathread, you didn't have a single criticism of the MoM or the product. So, you're effectively saying that not a single thing could've been better about the flower and that essentially RoK (again, ?) is now the best MoM in the game and has better product than the HSPs, SHEs, CWFs, FCMs, CEs of the world? C'mon man. I could name a ton of things even the best MoMs I've experienced could improve on.

You meekly say "These samples were provided for this review, so please take what I say with a grain of salt" after the glowing, fantastical review, but why not just try to be more honest prior to that? If I weren't committed to trying to finish your entire review just for the sake of reading the whole thing, I would've stopped after strain 1 before I even got to the line where you acknowledge that this was a sample product.

That's my unsolicited 2 cents. If you don't find it helpful, I sincerely apologize for overstepping - garbage "reviews" are just something that bothers me a lot, and one of the things that makes Reddit far less useful than it should be. These kinds of "reviews" are not benefiting a single other person aside from yourself and the MoM.

Not too long ago it was said " you guys aren't reviewing the product enough. the moms send out samples and give deals to build
trust and reputation in the community. The least you could do is review it." fair enough. Now its "the reviews you do aren't good enough." fair enough. i will do no more reviews as i don't feel they apparently benefit anyone. good to know.

Ffxitubby wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:39 am Not too long ago it was said " you guys aren't reviewing the product enough. the moms send out samples and give deals to build
trust and reputation in the community. The least you could do is review it." fair enough. Now its "the reviews you do aren't good enough." fair enough. i will do no more reviews as i don't feel they apparently benefit anyone. good to know.
That's just childish but whatever floats your boat. Lets talk about how Mirkalane was reviewing mids MOM and giving everyone 5/5 reviews and then he found a better than average MOM and started doing 5.5/5 reviews. Had he not excluded himself out of the community by being a total jackass, I heard he's tried craft MOMs now, he must be in the 10/5+ range now, lol.

Just saying honey coated shilly reviews benefit nobody other than the reviewer and the MOM. I've always said it plainly to everyone that would listen, my one and only allegiance is to the community and to quality product. All I want is for everyone to get stoned on quality product and to be HONEST about everything they report when it comes to MOMs and their products. The community gains absolutely nothing by producing and supporting ads-in-disguise for personal profit, that's just petty and weak and goes against all we're trying to do here.

To be clear, my intervention in this thread is general, not specific to the little altercation here between 416 and JD17. I have no opinion on that as I don't even know what review(s) 416 is talking about.

I’m with 416 on this one. You guys need to stop giving perfect scores to average weed. When I first signed up, I didn’t know any better and picked up some weed based on reviews. Needless to say I was disappointed several times. I used to go through every review.. sadly I barely read any reviews now. Unless it’s from a member I respect. For fucks sake I still have GA death bubba because I read mirkas review. It’s just average weed, but it was praised like it was this great batch of death bubba. It’s just going to collect dust in my collection.. Luckily I know better now..

I'm sure as the industry grows and reviews on MoMs do become leaned on more, because they will.... names and groups of people will rise to the top as reviewers that are known to be connoisseurs of MoMs.

- Rotten Tomatoes
- Car and Driver

It's going to happen.

I think most that give high reviews are simply just a consumer that enjoyed the whole process. Maybe they are easily pleased, the happy go lucky type. I asked for some weed, it showed up and i got high. I dunno, isn't that simply what a lot of people are looking for?

To some of you that get the microscope out, put on a lamp shade over your head to get that aroma, have some sort of a built by NASA lighting system... Yeah, I can see how you guys are looking at every angle possible, which is cool. Some just order weed, get it, call up the boys or girls and smoke one and laugh. That's still a great experience.

Please post a pic of one of your guys wearing a lamp shade, with amazing lighting and looking into a microscope haha

Sometimes a pleasant experience is simply that, just happy to get what they asked for!

King Tuts wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:16 pm I think most that give high reviews are simply just a consumer that enjoyed the whole process. Maybe they are easily pleased, the happy go lucky type. I asked for some weed, it showed up and i got high. I dunno, isn't that simply what a lot of people are looking for?

Sometimes a pleasant experience is simply that, just happy to get what they asked for!
That's cool, and those reviews don't usually get slammed. Ppl (including myself) generally support the newbies with honest intentions and pure excitement. The "reviews" that I, and many other experienced cannabis users have an issue with, are the full-blown advertisements aimed solely at talking up each MoM as much as possible, in exchange for future gifts from other potential sources. I'm calling out the actual bottom-of-the-barrel individuals that know full well what they are doing, have no shame in carrying on as such, and even have the audacity to complain about something as stupid as internet popularity when they themselves are behaving dishonestly.

xsinx wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:19 am To be clear, my intervention in this thread is general, not specific to the little altercation here between 416 and JD17. I have no opinion on that as I don't even know what review(s) 416 is talking about.
I was initially sympathetic to the possibility that JD17 aka TheNickelGuy on Reddit might just not have known better, and I didn't want to link to the review to encourage others here to pile on him after I already said what I said. With that said, I no longer have any sympathy as the same idiot has since posted an even longer, even more garbage review for MyGreenSolution: "I have to start with saying every single one of these were undoubtably True Quads. These are the true definition of DANK, and every single one shared that same property.. a pungent dank that fills every sense. Probably the best combo of strains reicieved yet."

https://www.reddit.com/r/CanadianMOMs/c ... ad/edre9o4 - this is the initial review I was commenting on.

That's cool, and those reviews don't usually get slammed. Ppl (including myself) generally support the newbies with honest intentions and pure excitement. The "reviews" that I, and many other experienced cannabis users have an issue with, are the full-blown advertisements aimed solely at talking up each MoM as much as possible, in exchange for future gifts from other potential sources. I'm calling out the actual bottom-of-the-barrel individuals that know full well what they are doing, have no shame in carrying on as such, and even have the audacity to complain about something as stupid as internet popularity when they themselves are behaving dishonestly.
Yeah, I feel you there. Again, being quite new to the MoM game, I can see a full blown advertisement being overboard. Honestly, I just read a bunch of reviews yesterday on MoM Reviews on Reddit (which I haven't done in probably 4 months). If I was a consumer, I think I'd have a fairly good idea of a mom or 2 to give my money a try to.

These posts are beneficial to those doing the reviews, after all, we are all their audience. I'm sure they will read these and maybe fine tune their review game. We should all be students of life :) I have had conversations with those that enjoy doing reviews that want a better camera, lighting, lamp shade hahah... to do a better job and be more credible.

I took a screen shot of a part of a review I got that stated our water mark sucked and was too overwhelming, not showing the buds we have that great. I sent that to my Web/Picture people. We just bought a new lens for our camera and you know what? That statement about the water mark was negative but correct, I agreed 100%. That honesty in that review allowed me to grow and be better. We will have better pictures, as we take pics of all of our buds and we will not cover them up.

Give me the good, the bad and the ugly. Those willing to learn, grow and be better and not quit, can take it.

416Strains.ca wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:24 pm
JD17 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:37 pm Yeah check the hate I'm getting right now (u/thenickelguy). They are absolutely terrible
Idk if you're referring to a specific incident, but honestly I've skipped most of your reviews because you are usually ridiculously positive and just not very believable. I don't believe in downvoting unless posts are super egregious, but I don't know if I'd call it "hate" if other casual observers felt the same way about your reviews and chose to downvote you more aggressively for wasting their time.

You just reviewed 3 sample strains from Republic of Kush (?) and in the entire lengthy "review" you posted in the megathread, you didn't have a single criticism of the MoM or the product. So, you're effectively saying that not a single thing could've been better about the flower and that essentially RoK (again, ?) is now the best MoM in the game and has better product than the HSPs, SHEs, CWFs, FCMs, CEs of the world? C'mon man. I could name a ton of things even the best MoMs I've experienced could improve on.

You meekly say "These samples were provided for this review, so please take what I say with a grain of salt" after the glowing, fantastical review, but why not just try to be more honest prior to that? If I weren't committed to trying to finish your entire review just for the sake of reading the whole thing, I would've stopped after strain 1 before I even got to the line where you acknowledge that this was a sample product.

That's my unsolicited 2 cents. If you don't find it helpful, I sincerely apologize for overstepping - garbage "reviews" are just something that bothers me a lot, and one of the things that makes Reddit far less useful than it should be. These kinds of "reviews" are not benefiting a single other person aside from yourself and the MoM.
This is duly noted. I appreciate the constructive criticism very much, although it was much more criticism, as you have effectively said each one of my reviews is garbage, meaning the amount of time and effort put in is as well.
So I will alter my reviews to hopefully provide a more honest? (The one point I'm confused about since I make a point of not using 10/10, I am sorry I have not focused enough on the negatives, however that does not make it at all honest)
I do apologize and thank you though. I had assumed that we all unanimously agreed they are the best of the best. I can not be mentioning and comparing to these guys every single time, so I was placing these reviews of the 'regular' moms separately. It actually helps to know that is how one would be comparing my reviews right away, so I can see how the lack of negatives sometimes could seem very conflicting. In your example (and it's the only one funny enough reading back I havent included an example) Republic of Kush' 3 strains sent were honestly near CWF quality, lack of that insane freshness.

Please honestly let me know what you think of my next reviews and if they seem better constructed.

I've had weed from both King Tut's and SpeedGreens that rival or just plain beat CWFs death bubba in potency. No other mom has been able to touch that canned freshness, but I don't think witch hunting reviewers for positively highlighting their experience is helpful either. Reviews are subjective; when I make a decision based on reviews, I use multiple reviews for one source, not one reviewer for multiple moms. If you feel like you got burned by making a choice based on a single review, then shame on you for not researching more. Moreover, these opinions are based on a physiological response to a drug, and everybody's is different... not to mention tolerance.

Do some research, and suck it up if you can't. There's too many bellyachers here.

Oh, and 416Reviews sure devolves into bullying and intimidation for somebody that claims to be involved in a charity. That charity is completely illegitimized by your behavior here: would you support a charity acts like that? Fuck no.

Ffxitubby wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:39 am Not too long ago it was said " you guys aren't reviewing the product enough. the moms send out samples and give deals to build
The intent someone had, their "true meaning" behind what they said in their post, doesn't matter. It's how you personally chose to take it that matters. That is the only thing that matters.

You could perceive this discussion as

-encouragement to write more reviews because obviously people are unhappy with the current review game
-constructive criticism to write higher quality reviews because you understand how someone is unhappy with the review game and how you could alter your reviews.
-completely irrelevant, because you don't give a fuck about what those two people think about how reviews should be, you are writing reviews your way, fuck em.
-a personal attack on you and your reviews because obviously they are trying to single you out and it means that YOU SHOULD STOP REVIEWING.

Man, ya think like that, you should lay off the sativas, you getting paranoid. It's the internet. It's not a personal attack on you.

Suck it up and keep doing you. Not everyone's going to go at life, writing, and weed the same way.

That includes the people who feel salty because someone wrote a positive review. Write your own reviews! Please! Everyone! Review your products, it is the only way we can get a good average feel for the expected quality that comes out of any MOM. Not everyone has to dwell in a wonderful world of negativity and the more people who review, the better averaging effect we'll get, resulting in more conclusive data. No one reviewer can ever be bias-free, everyone has some kind of slant which colors their perspective and distorts their writing style. I write generally positive things in my reviews because I am a positive person and probably 80-90% of what happens in my mind is oriented towards positive emotions. That does not mean I will not share when I am disappointed with a product (and in fact my upcoming review contains a strain from TGA that I DID NOT ENJOY... wait and find out which one I don't recommend!)

I COULD feel personally attacked because I am a reviewer who accepts free review packs! However, I disclose this fact, I do not consider those packs an obligation to review positively and I do not consider a discussion on what some people like in their reviews a personal attack. There was one thing said in this thread that came close and I thought "well that's not very nice", but it was not included with a comma and an address to me. So therefore, I am taking it as constructive criticism applied to the general concept of an ideal reviewer in this person's mind that I can apply to improving my future reviews. I have shifted my reviews a little based on response, and will continue to shape them to a point where I am happy, MOMs are happy, and readers are happy. There will never be a point where everyone is happy and I am prioritizing me, because my reactions are the only ones I have control over in the grand scheme of things. I refuse to make myself miserable for my favorite plant.

Haven't given a 10/10 rating on any of my reviews and I agree that a 5.5/5 is silly. I hate feeling like I'm obligated to rate things lower than feels right for me based on someone else's personal idea of what a 10/10 experience looks like. I am writing reviews of my experience with the product and I don't lie about how I feel, unfortunately I just am Sally Sunshine the Smiley Stoner.

(me, basically)

I've thought about including what my review metric is on my reviews so people understand why I score the way I do but I haven't found a nice clean streamlined way to present it yet.

Cannabal wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:44 pm Oh, and 416Reviews sure devolves into bullying and intimidation for somebody that claims to be involved in a charity. That charity is completely illegitimized by your behavior here: would you support a charity acts like that? Fuck no.
I'm sorry you didn't like my methods, but yes - I felt it was necessary to make a public example out of someone in exchange for the possibility that the individual would think more about how they might have an impact on medicinal users looking at reviews. I also hoped that other ppl reading my no-bullshit post would similarly think twice. It worked btw.

As for the legitimacy of what we're trying to do, I welcome the skepticism - you and everyone else can watch and see what I do with it over the coming months. Unless you're willing to put your money where your mouth is and actually make a positive impact as well, I'll just quote a Jigga line: "Oh, you not feeling me? Fine. It cost you nothing - pay me no mind."

It's 2019. I'm doing something that puts my own ass on the line, using my own money, and that mostly benefits others for now. But I've no complaints taking on risk because this is my own silly way of giving back to cannabis, and to Canada, after what I've been through. What you take away from what I'm doing is completely on you.

Cannabal wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:44 pm I've had weed from both King Tut's and SpeedGreens that rival or just plain beat CWFs death bubba in potency.
I have kingtuts, speedgreens and CWF in front of me. I’m going to be polite and just say I strongly disagree with that statement. Very strongly.

Vdubb wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:17 pm
Cannabal wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:44 pm I've had weed from both King Tut's and SpeedGreens that rival or just plain beat CWFs death bubba in potency.
I have kingtuts, speedgreens and CWF in front of me. I’m going to be polite and just say I strongly disagree with that statement. Very strongly.
Touche! I would like to mention that we've never listed an AAAA Death Bubba, only AA & AAA so I hope you're doing a fair comparison. :D

Speedgreens wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:07 am
Touche! I would like to mention that we've never listed an AAAA Death Bubba, only AA & AAA so I hope you're doing a fair comparison. :D
Touche! Touche! Our Death Bubba is listed as an AA and it's $99 on oh zee. What kinda money do they ask for and what kinda grading do they give theirs? Not trying to be a ding dong here but not sure it's fair to compare the same strain on this one. Potato Tomato

Not comparing DB specifically, different strains--SG godberry hit me harder than CWF DB... BUT, there is no comparison in terms of freshness. Just arguing that CWF isnt the end of the road for good weed, it is very good, true, but I wouldn't give them ALL my money. And I think its weak to attack a reviewer because one can't make an unassisted decision, and finds themselves burned a time or two..

Like, hello?! Everybody has a different tolerance, and whats AA to me, might be AAA to Joe Schmoe.. So we might be able to all agree on a quality cure, trim and bag appeal, but minus lab data, potency is subject to the tolerance of the user, and without knowing that user, the best you can do is GUESS at their tolerance (unless explicitly stated [still subjective]). So I agree that reviews are to be taken with a grain of salt, and nobody needs a 416Reviews out there defining what it is everyone else should be writing, or acting as executioner when they don't follow his paradigm. To that I say, kick rocks.

416Strains.ca wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:36 pm
Cannabal wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:44 pm Oh, and 416Reviews sure devolves into bullying and intimidation for somebody that claims to be involved in a charity. That charity is completely illegitimized by your behavior here: would you support a charity acts like that? Fuck no.
I'm sorry you didn't like my methods, but yes - I felt it was necessary to make a public example out of someone in exchange for the possibility that the individual would think more about how they might have an impact on medicinal users looking at reviews. I also hoped that other ppl reading my no-bullshit post would similarly think twice. It worked btw.

As for the legitimacy of what we're trying to do, I welcome the skepticism - you and everyone else can watch and see what I do with it over the coming months. Unless you're willing to put your money where your mouth is and actually make a positive impact as well, I'll just quote a Jigga line: "Oh, you not feeling me? Fine. It cost you nothing - pay me no mind."

It's 2019. I'm doing something that puts my own ass on the line, using my own money, and that mostly benefits others for now. But I've no complaints taking on risk because this is my own silly way of giving back to cannabis, and to Canada, after what I've been through. What you take away from what I'm doing is completely on you.
Hey man, I'm all for charity, but why don't you put your money IN your mouth, and can it a while?. I don't see AIDS charities out there telling people not to fuck.. So why not do your thing and stop policing this forum and reddit, somebody already has that job.

If AA weed is AAAA to someone based on their inexperience with cannabis, guess what? That doesn’t make it AAAA. I’ve heard some people arguing some backwards logic before but this might take the cake 😅. The biggest problem is inexperience and lack of understanding/knowledge.
Cannabal wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:01 am Hey man, I'm all for charity, but why don't you put your money IN your mouth, and can it a while?. I don't see AIDS charities out there telling people not to fuck.. So why not do your thing and stop policing this forum and reddit, somebody already has that job.
You’re a moron, 416 is one of the better users on here.
Last edited by JBC on Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah I know. I’m not knocking your weed or kingtuts product whatsoever. I’ve posted several times how I’ve enjoyed strains from both you guys. But I paid significantly more for my death bubba from CWF. So I don’t want to compare. I just disagreed with the comment that was made.

I don’t like publicly knocking moms unless it’s deserved. So please don’t take that comment as a slide, as it definitely wasn’t.

Cannabal wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:01 am

Hey man, I'm all for charity, but why don't you put your money IN your mouth, and can it a while?. I don't see AIDS charities out there telling people not to fuck.. So why not do your thing and stop policing this forum and reddit, somebody already has that job.

Did you just ask him to stop policing the forum during the same post that you told him to shut his mouth? Is not that trying to police the forum? Stop being a hypocrite, you’re just making yourself look stupid. 416 is helping the community with his reviews. Very fair, honest reviews.

Vdubb wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:38 pm

Yeah I know. I’m not knocking your weed or kingtuts product whatsoever. I’ve posted several times how I’ve enjoyed strains from both you guys. But I paid significantly more for my death bubba from CWF. So I don’t want to compare. I just disagreed with the comment that was made.

I don’t like publicly knocking moms unless it’s deserved. So please don’t take that comment as a slide, as it definitely wasn’t.
I understand completely what you were saying, just throwing in a playful jab no harm intended :D.

We grade our cannabis products into the standard system but even within the same category customers should realize that there is a spread in quality. To keep things simple we don't grade our products AAAA- AAAA+ AAAA++. The price point that the product is set at will reflect the quality (based on our standards). As you mentioned, a fair compassion would be to get the same strain, with the same grade and close to the same price point.
Last edited by Speedgreens on Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

At this point after even typing out a message to reply this non sense, I'm at the point where I think we should end this discussion as attacks are happening in each post now. We obviously all care the same based on the emotions displayed in this thread. Why dint we agree to lock it, and make another thread to get back specifically on REDDIT RANTS. Lets each take away what we can from this and do the best we can moving forward. It will take us all time as mentioned to slowly incorporate these things, but lets just try - I am willing to. Hell let's just all go back to dissolving our reddit prescence and return to what should be our Safe Place here.. or band together and bring our prescience to Reddit in full force and SUPPORT each other like we should be. Not attacking, defending. I apologize for my wrongs - it will take time and I will say there are 2 reviews i can not with time restraints alter to add in the negatives. Discern from what ISNT mentioned as being the negatives please.
I love you all in the sense we are supposed to be our own family of stoners and medicinal users alike.

Yeah I like the community here too. I’m just salty cause I wasted money on subpar weed cause of a few overhyped reviews. In the end, it’s my fault.. but I wanted to vent. Lol

I’m over it, I got a great relationship with one of CWFs owners and I don’t have to worry about getting quads anymore.

We will never all agree, but we can agree that we all love cannabis and want this community to thrive.

JD17 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:48 pm At this point after even typing out a message to reply this non sense, I'm at the point where I think we should end this discussion as attacks are happening in each post now. We obviously all care the same based on the emotions displayed in this thread. Why dint we agree to lock it, and make another thread to get back specifically on REDDIT RANTS. Lets each take away what we can from this and do the best we can moving forward. It will take us all time as mentioned to slowly incorporate these things, but lets just try - I am willing to. Hell let's just all go back to dissolving our reddit prescence and return to what should be our Safe Place here.. or band together and bring our prescience to Reddit in full force and SUPPORT each other like we should be. Not attacking, defending. I apologize for my wrongs - it will take time and I will say there are 2 reviews i can not with time restraints alter to add in the negatives. Discern from what ISNT mentioned as being the negatives please.
I love you all in the sense we are supposed to be our own family of stoners and medicinal users alike.
Here here!

Vdubb wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:41 pm
Cannabal wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:01 am

Did you just ask him to stop policing the forum during the same post that you told him to shut his mouth? Is not that trying to police the forum? Stop being a hypocrite, you’re just making yourself look stupid. 416 is helping the community with his reviews. Very fair, honest reviews.

Yes, calling people idiots is very helpful. Kick rocks homie.

King Tuts wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:56 pm I have my people keeping an eye on Reddit, doing my best to keep everyone happy as best as I can. Learning and listening as we go. Love seeing good to great reviews on our products and service. It frigg'n kills me to see a few of their members just let loose and talk shit about us. Bait and switch, worst MoM, Don't trust them... These very few people haven't even placed an order with us. They jump on and reply to our good reviews and talk shit.

I am not able to simply ask these very few people what their order number was. What the problem with their product was. How did customer service not take care of you, once you brought this problem to their attention. I can't do any of these things.

The problem is, I feel these weasels, have a loud voice, they are very vocal and post a lot. I call them weasels because it is absolutely impossible for any of our customers to come away feeling like that, if they did communicate with me.

I always encourage people in life to speak up and say what they feel BUT I think these few have an ulterior motive.

So how do I combat this? For every 10 good reviews and 1 bad one, I fear the bad one is remembered, regardless if it's true or not.

How many of you do reviews on Reddit? I'm not a fan of sending out samples to simply get a review but I have no idea how to represent the company honestly on there. It's obviously a huge opportunity to earn new customers, how do I market on that bloody Reddit?

If any of you have any ideas, I'm all ears and eyes. Please send me a private message.
I feel you! We use to be really active on Reddit, CanadianMoMs & CanadianMoM, but encountered so many people that's just trying to take advantage of us. Many time they are just looking for Freebies.. Good thing was that we also had a lot of loyal customers that defended us! The good always prevails :P

My advice would be to just stay professional and calm at all time.

-Jenny

I feel you! We use to be really active on Reddit, CanadianMoMs & CanadianMoM, but encountered so many people that's just trying to take advantage of us. Many time they are just looking for Freebies.. Good thing was that we also had a lot of loyal customers that defended us! The good always prevails :P

My advice would be to just stay professional and calm at all time.

-Jenny
Well said Jenny. Agree. I like to stay positive and hang around positive or at least, honest people, that I can handle and learn from. Sure there are a lot of honest great people on and in Reddit but I dunno, just not my cup of tea as a whole. I believe in accountability for actions and words. I don't think that means much there. It's free willy, which is not a life I like to live.

KT

Hello guys and gals. I have asked the same question on the Discord, so no need to read again.

I'm asking for a touch of help in the Reddit haha. I have been banned from posting in there all together. A mod banned me with the accusations of me being and or paying shills. He named a couple "Off the top of his head" that I have nothing to do with no'r know. I know they have ulterior motives behind it.

I have no way of protecting my brand or able to ask this poster what he has heard of read to come up with the conclusion that I could be "shady". We could have a conversation from there but I'm not able to do so. I feel like a ding dong asking for help but I have no other way to do so.

If you are a Redditer as well and you have had a good experience with us or have come to the conclusion that I am not shady, would you be so kind as to maybe drop a line in this thread? Again, I feel stupid for asking but I'm not sure what else to do. Some may say, don't worry about Reddit or whatever but the reality is, it's a huge community, it can make a difference for those that are thinking about trying us out.

What do I say to close here.... I can't recall ever being in a situation that I have not been able to fend for myself. Having zero control and or zero opportunity to have a conversion after being accused, sucks. Hearing that we are "shady' is plenty for some to assume we are.

This is the thread:
Frigg'n Reddit.... So glad I found this place.

King Tuts wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:22 pm If you are a Redditer as well and you have had a good experience with us or have come to the conclusion that I am not shady, would you be so kind as to maybe drop a line in this thread?
I personally don't have any experience with you but I haven't seen anything that would warrant "shady" so I'll go ahead and ask for you out of curiosity.
Edit: According to one of the comments, they believe you sold e-mails & have had mold issues (personally haven't seen this).

Complicacy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:22 pm
King Tuts wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:22 pm If you are a Redditer as well and you have had a good experience with us or have come to the conclusion that I am not shady, would you be so kind as to maybe drop a line in this thread?
I personally don't have any experience with you but I haven't seen anything that would warrant "shady" so I'll go ahead and ask for you out of curiosity.
Edit: According to one of the comments, they believe you sold e-mails & have had mold issues (personally haven't seen this).
Exactly. Negative on either being an issue. Shady to me is being dishonest and maybe thieving in this industry. I am far from that. Throwing a word like "Shady" publicly does create a concern and a question to those that don't know us. If I was a reader, I might go with the better safe than sorry and stay away...

I would ask the poster simply "Why would you say that? Allow me to respond after that type of an accusation" Have a chat publicly.

I'm lucky enough to be fairly established that a good few have come to y rescue haha. That's all I have as a response. Hope that those who are allowed to post and have had a good experience and know I'm not shady, to say so.

Again, I'm not a young dude anymore. I'm just over 40 and been in some sort of sales for over 20 years. I have never been in a position where I can't fend for myself and communicate.

King Tuts wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:47 pm I have never been in a position where I can't fend for myself and communicate.
It really sucks to hear, especially after they made this comment by a mod from another thread that someone posted here about them removing comments (was Auto Mod).
"MOMs are always welcome to participate within the subreddit rules, just like any other user. There have even been numerous cases of MOMs that first come with shill accounts that are caught and then still encouraged to adopt an appropriate username and continue posting without the shilling nonsense."
https://www.reddit.com/r/CanadianMOMs/c ... e/eiqn8dx/