**NEW POSTING GUIDLINES STARTING OCT 1ST. **

*Posts in this section are user generated only, MoM's can comment on posts made but may not start post themselves.
*Posts MUST contain at least 1 photo of the product being reviewed.
*Posts MUST be thorough enough to offer others some context of the products. 1-2 line reviews may be removed at the admins discretion.

[(TORONTO)] grimms..The LIFTED MARKET..Local Flower MOMs Review

I'm gunna have to go off Template and just leave some quick reviews and then sum up my expience at the market this time..(been 4 times)

So I've been going to this market over a year now and this was by far the quietest turn out ever..event boasts over 40 vendors (which I can vouch for in the past) but to my aghast there were maybe 8-12 vendor tables a very lonely DJ and a bunch of depressed vendors ..My bad I did show up late but they moved this event into the boonies which isn't disclosed to you till the day of the event ..First time cover has been mandatory and the first event for 6 months those elements no doubt hindered attendance..

So slim pickings and I was going into this looking for exotic and different strains then what I have seen online Moms with and buy from independent growers

so here are some finds

Haven't tried all yet but will update when I do

First I Smoked the the Grease Monkey(My buddies strain) bud had a nice consistency and a nice smell even outdoors,smoke was real smooth taste was on and of course as we expected by the name bled all over our lips.. buzz came in subtle but gradually sat behind the eyes for a nice glow as we searched for a Beer Store

GREASE MONKEY (3.5 for 30 friend got deal unlike me..lol)

Next I tried the Blueberry Cookies,Wow I couldn't wait and I wasn't let down..I chatted up the girl since her partner seemed inattentive or buzy with someone else or bored, noticed they had a CBD line and got a little info there seems they grow and harvest there own CBD isolate, weed ..etc.. so that was the hook for me..noticed a lonely jar sitting reluctantly for sale all by itself and cracked the top...my toes curled as the aroma hit my nose girl informed me that the one shes smoking now..I was in ..grabbed the CBD as well

Blueberry Cookies(3.5/35)

Great in bag smell and presentation,nice strong Indica leaning hybrid..

CBD Tincture(65)
So here I am now just smoked Pink Dragon Breath from another local grower was pretty excited since I love the Red Dragon and Breath strains..It was real fresh musta been picked for the event

Pink Dragon Breath(3.5/35)

Loving this strain right here,not a lot for smell besides the fresh green smell,is well groomed and pretty potent not a couch lock but it made me write this review..had that breath taste to it and really smooth

..grabbed 2 strains from him and again his assistant budtender was a woman and helped me choose between the Purple Punch and The Purple Girl Scout Cookies..

went with the cookies

Purple Girl Scout Cookies(3.5/35)

Great Strain ,everything about it was on ,enjoyed this one the most outta my purchases

Final Place I purchased was from a lone girl working for Bloom Lifestyle .I really just stopped here because I had never heard of the strain Shape Shifter ,found out its a Northern Lights cross ,weeds real low grade but the budtender explained shes helping her friend out selling her grow and was only $15 buck a half quarter(eighth) grabbed this and the GM

ShapeShifter(3.5/15)

Descent for the price lots of stem but it got me baked..

Business Cards

To wrap up my experience.. I had a good time, but felt ripped of since not even 3/4 the vendors showed,I know its potential ..

Lifted Market(3/10)
Overall Experience(6/10)
Product Quality TBD
Last edited by realgrimm on Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: [(TORONTO)] grimms..The LIFTED MARKET..Local Flower MOMs Review

Tony Soprano wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:36 pm I too am in Toronto and I never went to any of these markets / swap meets but I am open to trying it once, especially for some new experiences and strains I never tried.

How are the pricing in these type of events normally? are we looking at OCS style pricing lol? How cheap can one grab an oz from at these places and what is the most expensive flower you've seen?
nope pretty good most are under 200

Re: [(TORONTO)] grimms..The LIFTED MARKET..Local Flower MOMs Review

July 14th 2019 6pm-10pm Admission Early Bird $10..Door $20... The Rockpile 5555 Dundas W Etobicoke

My pics are real lousy and the event was past Kipling St ,which gave me plenty of times to get loose

Event was already a win this time being held in a club with alcohol which is a first I've ever seen for Lifted

again apologies on picture quality my phone is a week old and I have lots to learn ...and well its phone pics..couldn't even tell if I was taking pics or not...lol

I first walk in after being greeted with big smiles and humor which seemed sincere and comfortable.. I made my way round the whole place first as I always do a quick scout around, but am a little quick with my camera to document the occasion I was informed no cameras were allowed, in turn I replied "its not a camera its a phone"...lol.. and I was hoping to take some product shots, no face pics.. and was then nodded past after some customer over reacting to the whole process..so I scooted past the bar to the nearest table I could find with pre rolls and snagged 5 for 20.. nice buzz,shit burn, canoes and spirals all the way down,was informed it was "Hawaiian" again just for response I said "Hawaiian Skunk?" Budtender then told me "same thing"....haha,I didn't buy anything else there
so I head out to the smoking lounge ...no cigarettes allowed as the signs are clearly posted...two dab rig tables but only one had business and a line...so I had to check the other table out...was greeted by a nice biker lady sporting this monster apparatuses with 8 hoses ...etc.. figured out this table probably needed more attention but it wasn't gunna be me so I headed back in, to shop now that I had a buzz...

noticed a table with a straight edge looking guy and some unique strains after a little chat I was informed his strains were his own, all but 3 which his other friend was responsible for harvesting..I was in...

noticed some washing machine that caught my eye

also asked him his favorite..he told me I just grabbed it ...

Nice guy even threw me a free sample

EDIT: Strawberry Cough
g̶r̶a̶b̶b̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶

looks real nice though

so the next stop was a real small place, 10 or so strains and some assorted concentrates , noticed some Hash right off the hop, Budtender informed me it's "gold seal" and well it smells exactly like old school hash...cant wait to try

grabbed 2gs at $15g gave 'em $40 and asked for $10 in their fave bud for change
pretty stinky

travelled further in to a table with some flashy labels and canned weed..

noticed Honest Springs Wellness cans so I grabbed 14gs Stink Of The Pink,7gs Purple Punch and 7gs El Chapo OG

so I continue to a table with this huge black guy and a pan face , asked him how he was and he seemed to warm pretty fast..not sure where his head space was but mine was finding out what his table was all about, real nice smelling indicas..I mean all of them were thats all he wanted..haha .. after smelling 3 or 4 I was real impressed at his finds..noticed this guy had 1 small pack left rest were in big glass mason jars ..million dollar question which ones your favourite but I was already sold on the bag.. he stated they were all good till I pointed out the bagged one when a big grin popped on his face and said yeah that one is the favorite for everyone and thats all he had left...

most expensive purchase and the buds were small to meduim but when he held it under the light ...WOW... 22gs for $200 after haggling down from $220

Bubba Bling
and finally the show stopper in my opinion.. was the tea.. packed a punch and nice and cold for a hot day..only had 100mgs Sativa blend but said they do both

Side Note: Had a good time at this event even though all the vendors have appeared to have changed so I'll miss some..a lot of the vendors were new to this event and some real young ..I guess more power to em for entrepreneurial spirit but I'd prefer to talk to more old school growers not a lot of info/knowledge ,didn't see a lot tinctures and isolates but I'm sure some could be located ..