**NEW POSTING GUIDLINES STARTING OCT 1ST. **

*Posts in this section are user generated only, MoM's can comment on posts made but may not start post themselves.
*Posts MUST contain at least 1 photo of the product being reviewed.
*Posts MUST be thorough enough to offer others some context of the products. 1-2 line reviews may be removed at the admins discretion.

Northern Lights- HOT Topic (Pacific Cannabis)

OK guys,

So over the past couple days Northern Light from Pacific Cannabis has been a topic if its 'moldy' or just a 'bad strain' to get from them. Well behold a few pictures for you guys and see that's its definitely decent bud I got at VERY decent price for what you guys are getting!
This is from my replacement ounce from a miss order when they originally sent me Black Diamond instead of the Northern Lights, but when problem was mentioned it was fix immediately! So thanks a ton Pacific, you put other MOM's to shame just with your good customer service alone...

Arrived in medium sized fluffy buds. Stuff smoked well, a little darker ash but nothing to crazy. Gives a good 'head' stone. Has nice colors to it with light/ dark greens with purple mixed into it. You can really see the purple better in the last picture. Could be trimmed better but once again at this price not going to complain.

Cheers!
Herbal Knowledge

Package when it Arrived...
Came in Vacuum sealed Package...
Literally Three Random Buds Picked for Showing...
Thoes Buds Ripped open for you to see the Insides...
Hope this puts this topic to Rest alone with your guy's Ease of minds. :D

Re: Northern Lights- HOT Topic (Pacific Cannabis)

Herbal Knowledge wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:17 pm Lol I like the pic...I agree just because I didn't get any doesn't mean there isn't any haha. Was just wanted to show off some of the Nothern Lights since it was brought up. And how I haven't received any bad moldy product myself. :D
The point I was trying to make is that the issue is not the mold itself as much as the fact mold spreads and spores aren't visible to the naked eyes. Pacific Cannabis stated several times now that when they get mold in stuff they buy, they pick it out of the bag and pretend nothing happened. This means that any bag of that strain, even if it looks wonderful, potentially is spoiled with invisible spores that are potentially harmful to smoke/vape. A personal friend of mine bought 2 OZ of this and there was 7 grams of buds that were molded inside.

The responsible thing to do, as a MOM, is to either return (to grower, for refund) or destroy weed that's been spoiled.

If you think the way they handle this is acceptable... then I don't know what to tell you.

HotdogPhil81 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:52 am DO NOT ORDER FROM PACIFIC CANNABIS.

Did you miss the Reddit thread?

https://www.reddit.com/r/CanadianMOMs/c ... light_may/
You're talking about that Reddit post like it's the rule of law. I personally have been getting bulk orders for over a month from them and haven't had a problem.

Have you personally gotten shitty weed from them? I know I sound like I'm defending them but I can only speak from experience and mine has been great so far.

I suppose I may get burned myself if what some people are saying is true -- but at this point I've been pretty satisfied with my orders as well.

Christian131 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:51 pm
HotdogPhil81 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:52 am DO NOT ORDER FROM PACIFIC CANNABIS.

You're talking about that Reddit post like it's the rule of law. I personally have been getting bulk orders for over a month from them and haven't had a problem.

Have you personally gotten shitty weed from them? I know I sound like I'm defending them but I can only speak from experience and mine has been great so far.

I suppose I may get burned myself if what some people are saying is true -- but at this point I've been pretty satisfied with my orders as well.
If you don't see any cause of concern over their quality control after recieving info from Pacific themselves that they knowingly will pick any mold out of your bags before marking it up and selling it to you you probably do deserve to get burned, but you definitely don't deserve the potential health issues that come with moldy bud.

Christian131 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:51 pmYou're talking about that Reddit post like it's the rule of law. I personally have been getting bulk orders for over a month from them and haven't had a problem.

So far, only heard of mold in one strain from them. Shit happens, it happens to the best of them, once in a while, it's a product that can go bad, no grocery stores were closed down or shun by the population for selling moldy strawberries.

The crux of the issue here is their admission that they sort through their bags to pick out the mold when they find some, and then sell that product. They pretend that every MOM does this, acting like they are better than others for admitting to it and selling the weed cheaper, insinuating that cheap weed from any other source is cheap because it's moldy weed that got sorted out.

I'm not mad that they had mold. According to all I saw, they actually replaced the affected product, so all this is "fine" and normal. The problem is selling weed that was sorted out in the first place. A responsible MOM would not buy product it knows is infected and if they did, they certainly would not pick out the mold and sell that product as if nothing happened. There's probably truth to it that some MOMs do that, but it's certainly not common practice as far as I know. If I ran a MOM and got a mold issue, I would ride the grower's ass and get a refund + destroy the affected product.

TL;DR: It's not a mold issue as much as a company practice issue.

Lol... Bad craziness .. if you're unaware you're selling a moldy product to someone then you should probably try taking up knitting. Completely different than a grocery store I think as well, combusting then inhaling mold spores is VERY bad. Also, you shouldn't be purchasing moldy products or products that will clearly go bad.. that's just from my experience and knowledge, a junior move.. There's products being sold out there that almost make me want to buy the crappy government regulated weed... Also could help mom's if they include the thc and cbd content on the package, because that way at least the consumer knows there's been at least SOME testing. Some mom's are still paving the way for the juniors who somehow buy, then SELL cannabis and cannabis products that shouldn't be consumed at all, maybe best for compost or kindling...... I'm not directing this at anyone, but I feel I'm at least a little correct. Lol STAY LIT!!

You should definitely get your lungs checked out if you smoked that weed. They admitted to picking moldy buds out of their bags of weed.

You were getting QPs under 300 from them... I'm sorry but that's not going to be good weed. You probably got high from the mold spores you inhaled.

HotdogPhil81 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:58 pm

You should definitely get your lungs checked out if you smoked that weed. They admitted to picking moldy buds out of their bags of weed.

You were getting QPs under 300 from them... I'm sorry but that's not going to be good weed. You probably got high from the mold spores you inhaled.
I'm 100% telling you none of the bud I smoked had any mold. It just didn't. I clearly understand the argument but from personal experience I have had a good product.

Christian131 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:33 pm

I'm 100% telling you none of the bud I smoked had any mold. It just didn't. I clearly understand the argument but from personal experience I have had a good product.
Yeah...Because they picked out the moldy buds.

I'm just trying to look out for a fellow community member. They admit themselves they pick out rotting buds from their crop and sell it.

Mold spores don't need to be directly on a bud to be contaminated. 100% guarantee you have smoked contaminated cannabis. If you think otherwise then you must be under the age of 18.

HotdogPhil81 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:52 am

I'm just trying to look out for a fellow community member. They admit themselves they pick out rotting buds from their crop and sell it.

Mold spores don't need to be directly on a bud to be contaminated. 100% guarantee you have smoked contaminated cannabis. If you think otherwise then you must be under the age of 18.
Dude, the assumptions coming out of you are ridiculous. You can't 100% guarantee anything. Attacking me and saying I'm 18? Like I don't understand what has been said. I'm sorry but for you to assume that I got a bad batch too is not fair. Are you saying the pics in this thread are also contaminated? You can't possibly know man.

Christian131 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:14 am

Dude, the assumptions coming out of you are ridiculous. You can't 100% guarantee anything. Attacking me and saying I'm 18? Like I don't understand what has been said. I'm sorry but for you to assume that I got a bad batch too is not fair. Are you saying the pics in this thread are also contaminated? You can't possibly know man.
THEY HAVE SAID THEMSELVES THAT THEY SELL MOLDY WEED.

Do I need to say it again? They. Said. Themselves. They. Sell. Moldy. Weed.

Go through and look at the Reddit thread and their comments, they are clearly in this for profit alone and probably got sold cheap moldy weed.

Look, here's another reddit thread where someone claims mold:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CanadianMOMs/c ... d_pacific/

If your weed doesn't look like a "bad batch"...That's because they picked the mold out. I don't think you're on the Discord channel where much more discussion goes on than on these forums...The guys have pretty much dug their own graves by saying they pick out moldy weed.

Here you go:

"We try to take the rot pieces out and throw them away"- Pacific Cannabis, 2019

HotdogPhil81 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:20 am

Go through and look at the Reddit thread and their comments, they are clearly in this for profit alone and probably got sold cheap moldy weed.

If your weed doesn't look like a "bad batch"...That's because they picked the mold out. I don't think you're on the Discord channel where much more discussion goes on than on these forums...The guys have pretty much dug their own graves by saying they pick out moldy weed.

Here you go:

I literally read all of that before. You say that you're trying to help a fellow member of the community while frankly being an idiot.

I understand everything. They pick out mold. Does that mean that they have picked mold from every single batch? No. It's clearly a huge health issue.

But I'm not going to sit back while you say spores are what got me high? And I'm 18? And overall just calling me stupid with a pitchfork in your hand.

I am going to rethink my orders from Pacific Cannabis -- That's the point of this forum -- to inform, Not to belittle and basically call me stupid for buying cheap weed.

Christian131 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:58 am
HotdogPhil81 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:20 am

Here you go:

I literally read all of that before. You say that you're trying to help a fellow member of the community while frankly being an idiot.

I understand everything. They pick out mold. Does that mean that they have picked mold from every single batch? No. It's clearly a huge health issue.

But I'm not going to sit back while you say spores are what got me high? And I'm 18? And overall just calling me stupid with a pitchfork in your hand.

I am going to rethink my orders from Pacific Cannabis -- That's the point of this forum -- to inform, Not to belittle and basically call me stupid for buying cheap weed.
I was calling you stupid because you think that you didn't get mold picked out of your bag. You did. These guys are scammers and are putting your health at risk.