A place to request a strain, assistance in finding a strain, or the perfect version of your favorite strain!
MoM's may not start topics here, but can comment.

The Search for the Perfect Sativa

Hi All,

I haven't been a vaporent all that long (maybe 2 years), but I've been on a quest to find the perfect sativa for me specifically (I'm sure it'd be a different strain for everybody).

To find it, I've written about every strain I've tried, I've ranked them, and I've created a genetic lineage chart for the ancestors of every strain I've tried.

What I seem to like, are sativas derived from skunk #1 or haze (which may be most modern sativas?) but with no indica mixed in beyond skunk #1's lineage.

My favorite strain to date is Lemon Haze.

What I like in a strain:
  • No couch lock
  • No/minimal idry mouth/nose
  • No/minimal red eye
  • No/minimal weed hangover (cognitive haze, tiredness, amotivation, under-eye bags)
  • Increased sexual arousal/responsiveness
  • Mental clarity
  • Happiness, contentment
  • Inspires me to clean my house

Here's the genetic lineage chart I mentioned: https://imgur.com/AD9F6QZ
It shows all the strains I've tried, filled in in red, yellow, or green, where:
RED = didn't like it at all
YELLOW = it was ok
GREEN = i liked it
It also shows indica, sativa, or hybrid by text color, using the same color scheme as Leafly
Anything with a dotted line hasn't been tried yet.

Wondering if anyone can recommend some strains I might like based on all of the above information.

Thanks!

ilovemymom

Re: The Search for the Perfect Sativa

ilovemymom wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:23 pm Hi All,

I haven't been a vaporent all that long (maybe 2 years), but I've been on a quest to find the perfect sativa for me specifically (I'm sure it'd be a different strain for everybody).

To find it, I've written about every strain I've tried, I've ranked them, and I've created a genetic lineage chart for the ancestors of every strain I've tried.

What I seem to like, are sativas derived from skunk #1 or haze (which may be most modern sativas?) but with no indica mixed in beyond skunk #1's lineage.

What I like in a strain:
  • No couch lock
  • No/minimal red eye
  • No/minimal weed hangover (cognitive haze, tiredness, amotivation, under-eye bags)
  • Mental clarity
  • Happiness, contentment

YELLOW = it was ok
GREEN = i liked it
It also shows indica, sativa, or hybrid by text color, using the same color scheme as Leafly

Wondering if anyone can recommend some strains I might like based on all of the above information.

Thanks!

ilovemymom
sounds like u would know better then most ppl what sativa would suit u best
Last edited by Buzz's Eatery on Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

What I like in a strain:
  • No couch lock
  • No/minimal red eye
  • Mental clarity
  • Happiness, contentment

YELLOW = it was ok
GREEN = i liked it

Thanks!

ilovemymom
If you can find Blue Bull i highly recommend it, one of the best sativa's i have ever smoked, my blue bull strain came from Gold Stem Genetics very good quality, said it had as high as 38% thc
cool chart i find the genetic lineage of strains to be quite fascinating. Moby Dick is one i'm about to try, i got the moby dick shatter from bmwd. I would probably second Paul's suggestion of the super lemon haze from royalkure it looks amazing and its the highest rated on their site at AAAA+

PaulSherwood wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:55 pm

What I like in a strain:
  • No couch lock
  • No/minimal red eye
  • Mental clarity
  • Happiness, contentment

YELLOW = it was ok
GREEN = i liked it

Thanks!

ilovemymom
sounds like u would know better then most ppl what sativa would suit u best
yeah it is sometimes depend on our body reaction ;)

What I like in a strain:
  • No couch lock
  • No/minimal red eye
  • Mental clarity
  • Happiness, contentment

YELLOW = it was ok
GREEN = i liked it

Thanks!

ilovemymom
Wow! You really love strain that you even made an effort of creating a lineage of which you like best. Sounds like you are the guy to ask around when it comes to these stuff.

thejoyrider106 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:28 am

What I like in a strain:
  • No couch lock
  • No/minimal red eye
  • Mental clarity
  • Happiness, contentment

YELLOW = it was ok
GREEN = i liked it

Thanks!

ilovemymom
Wow! You really love strain that you even made an effort of creating a lineage of which you like best. Sounds like you are the guy to ask around when it comes to these stuff.

Great information!

ArthurMCG wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:05 pm
thejoyrider106 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:28 am

What I like in a strain:
  • No couch lock
  • No/minimal red eye
  • Mental clarity
  • Happiness, contentment

YELLOW = it was ok
GREEN = i liked it

Thanks!

ilovemymom

Great information!
really great information!

What I like in a strain:
  • No couch lock
  • No/minimal red eye
  • Mental clarity
  • Happiness, contentment

YELLOW = it was ok
GREEN = i liked it

Thanks!

ilovemymom

Much help from solid reviewer. Thanks @ilovemymom

Thanks all for the replies! I don't log on here often, and I didn't see this thread get any traction after I initially posted it, so I stopped checking. Some of the comments have recommended super lemon haze - for me, I actually find super lemon haze to have an indica feel - gives me heavy eyelids and couch lock. I guess that lines up with what another commenter said about responses to strains being pretty individualized. Some strains that I'm curious about right now, based on research are:

Cinex
Dr. Grinspoon
Skunk 1
Chocolope
Dancehall
Lime Skunk

Will try and pick at least one of these up soon.
Cinex sounds the most promising based on my interests.