**NEW POSTING GUIDLINES STARTING OCT 1ST. **

*Posts in this section are user generated only, MoM's can comment on posts made but may not start post themselves.
*Posts MUST contain at least 1 photo of the product being reviewed.
*Posts MUST be thorough enough to offer others some context of the products. 1-2 line reviews may be removed at the admins discretion.

LowPriceBud - Key Lime Pie, Pineapple Zeus, TGA Qush & Northern Rainbow - Flower Review

MOM Name
LowPriceBud

Overall rating out of 10:
7.7/10

Ordering & Pricing:
This was not a website order, and I cannot comment on that process, though looking over the website gives me the sense that it is straightforward ecommerce. Website is fairly clean and fast; can’t seem to lock it up clicking links like a madman.

Communication & Packaging:
Low Price Bud’s communication has been very good for me, they are quick to respond, polite and professional to deal with. Their shipping packaging as well as their branded packaging is excellent.

Products / Photos:
I always let the photos speak to the visual quality of the buds, so please excuse the lack of verbal description.

Extras:
Pack of papers which I am unlikely to use, and a really decent plastic compartment grinder combo.

Key Lime Pie:
---
  • Genetics: KLP is a phenotype of Girl Scout Cookies.
  • Nose/Flavour: All lime, all the time; I get a bit of pine sol/lemon pledge too, but it’s predominantly citrus. The terpiness carries through in the flavour and it lasts a while too, it doesn’t completely vape off on the first pull like some strains do.
  • Trim/Cure/Size/Density: Trim isn’t awful, but it’s definitely a bit scrappy. The cure was okay, not dry, but not dank (little squish, some crunch). Bud size is medium (>1g), and the density is high.
  • Lift/BuzZ: Very heady; the Girl Scout Cookies genetics are very evident, and I found the high very spacey and psychoactive. Loved this strain for gaming and what not.
  • Potency/Quality: LPB has this listed as AAA, and I’d maybe drop that to AAA- due to the less than perfect cure and scrappy trim. The potency itself is nice though, good high and good duration.
  • Vapour Quality: Fairly smooth and tasty. No burn or lingering dryness.
  • Overall: 7/10

Pineapple Zeus:
---
  • Genetics: Pineapple Kush x Godbud
  • Nose/Flavour: I can’t really think of anything to compare it to other than Nuken. This strain, to me, smells and tastes a whole lot like Nuken.
  • Trim/Cure/Size/Density: Trim is excellent, cure is nice (not dank, but definitely some squish/bounce), I received one large nug that was over 2.5g, and its density is medium-high.
  • Lift/Buzz: Definitely a sativa high; very cerebral but more clear headed than the KLP, also a tad more energetic--I experienced a bit of an energy boost.
  • Potency/Quality: LPB lists this one at AAA+, and I concur--solid potency, good terp content, good cure, and larger than average bud size.
  • Vapour Quality: Got a little bit of a dry throat from this one, but nothing terrible.
  • Overall: 8.2/10

TGA Qush:
---
  • Genetics: Pre-98 Bubba X Space Queen
  • Flavour/Nose: Another very citrusy, heavy lemon pledge type terp, both in terms of taste and smell.
  • Trim/Cure/Size/Density: Trim is great, cure is good (lots of squish/bounce, not quite dank but close), size is medium (>1g), and the density is medium-high.
  • Lift/Buzz: Cool buzz on this one, the indica effects are strong but not comatosing, they are deeply relaxing, and it’s paired with a very spacey/daydreamy head stone. Ideal evening movie watching type stuff.
  • Potency/Quality: LPD lists this at AAA, and I agree.
  • Vapour Quality: Smooth trip through flavourtown.
  • Overall: 7.5/10

Northern Rainbow:
---
  • Genetics: Dancehall x Blueberry
  • Flavour/Nose: Very uniquely appealing nose to this strain; it's has a sweet/peppery/skunky type thing happening. I found the flava flave predominantly peppery and skunky.
  • Trim/Cure/Size/Density: Trim is good, cure is okay (no squish left but not bone dry), bud size is medium (>1g), and the density is fairly high.
  • Lift/Buzz: This is supposedly a balanced 50/50, hybrid strain, but for me it felt slightly more indica leaning. I felt relaxingly sedated; it has pain relief and anti-anxiety properties, and it might do well for sleep with some people. Definitely one of the more enjoyable buzzes I’ve had lately.
  • Potency/Quality: LPB has this strain listed as only AAA, and I feel like they are perhaps aiming a little low there. IMO, it is the most visually appealing of the bunch, and perhaps the most frosty. Additionally, this strain has a heavy creeping component to it’s high, so while I initially judged it the same as LPD, as the stone came on stronger, my opinion changed. I must confess though, I do have a bias towards creeper weed, I love it. I digress, I’d rate this cannabis at AAA+ quality, with the qualification that it may be slightly less dank than some might prefer at that level.
  • Vapour Quality: Smooth and flavourful; no noticeable burn or lingering dry mouth/throat.
  • Overall: 8/10

Incentive for Customers:
Over $150 free ship, sub $100 ounces, rewards points program, referral/affiliate program.

Conclusions:
Typically I get nervous with any company that has implications of discount pricing built right into its moniker, as it all too often equates to top-down corner cutting that has an adverse effect on product quality. Thankfully, I do not think that is the case with LowPriceBud, or at least, not above the $170/oz mark, as I didn’t receive anything priced below that. That being said, I generally request that MOMs do not send me anything below the AAA mark, as I am not a budget-end consumer nor a qualified budget reviewer. My humble thanks to LowPriceBud for providing a few small samples for review, and I can confirm that at least four of their strains are rated and priced accordingly. :D